25 II I've seen the end

The brunette drew the bow from his hand, down the violin, playing a very familiar song he had played so many times before. His eyes trailed over to his phone, a name, 'wilbur' resting on top of it. "Ready Tommy?" 

The boy on the other end yelled a, "Let's do this! You'll see how good I am Wilbur!" sending a warm smile to George's face. "We'll see, mud boy. It's hard to sing, I'll tell you." 

"Nothing's hard when you're me. And when you have swag." The other said.

George fell into laughter. How they had gotten to this point, he would never know. Wilbur and Tommy fought about who was the better singer and then they decided to test Tommy's voice. Wilbur's picked the song, of-course, and texted it to George. He told Tommy he'd know it when he heard it.  And now, Wilbur, on the other end, played the strings of his guitar and Tubbo supposedly sat on the floor and played the keyboard, George with a violin in hand. 

"Get on with it!" Tubbo said, out of the shadows. 

"Yeah, you're taking to long!" George called, all the way from america.

"You guys have no patience. Start!" Tommy called, and George began to draw the bow from the violin. Tubbo pressed his fingers to the keys, and Wilbur strummed on his guitar. 

Tommy paused for a moment, probably wondering what the song was before it hit him. "WHAT?! THIS SONG!?" He heard wilbur laugh from the other end. 

"You prick!" Tommy said, and wilbur just laughed. With a huff, the blond began to sing.

"Lately I've been having some strange dreams, I sit alone in rubble as far as the eye can see. The wind, it howls, as the sky tears apart and screams, As people push and pull and fight and flee,"

After the initial disappointment, he started to really get into the song, like the younger version George remembered so well was finally brought out of him.

"No one's hands are free from blood. If they're smart, the people run. The airs so thick it's hard to breathe, The ground, it shakes, and oceans seethe and I've seen things you can't comprehend. Oh, I've seen the end~" 

George looked down at his phone, his once closed eyes now opened. The rain outside his window, pounding for him to listen to winter's howl's, were drowned out by the sound of his violin, and the piano and the guitar and the boys all the way in england. 

"Visions of a world obscene. Then something comes and wipes it clean! A beam of light starts blazing through. Eliminates to start anew. I've seen things you can't comprehend. And I've seen the end, And I've seen the end,

"Isn't it a shame. Isn't it so sad. How there's just us to blame. For the troubles we've had. All the wars we could avoid. And the planets steep decline. Why, even the beast from the ocean's deep void. Would still sleep if we'd just stayed in line,

"Cause I've seen things that you can't comprehend. A sun gone dark and oceans bleeding red. And we should all just quit while we're ahead. Cause I've seen the end. Oh, I've seen the end."

George couldn't deny it, Tommy was good. He was really good. Wilbur was probably a little better then him, but they all agreed a long time ago that he was a prodigy. When the last note plaid, everyone fell into stunned silent. 

"How was that?" Tommy said, probably sneering at Wilbur. 

After a bit, Tubbo spoke up. "I'm sorry Wilbur. But he's actually pretty good-" Now that, was true. 

"Yeah, He's good, you can't deny that will." George agreed, and waited for wilbur to answer. After a while, he did answer, but it wasn't something that George would have expected. 

"Yeah. He is." 

They didn't expect wilbur to say that. He always messed around with Tommy, told him off and made fun of him for literally everything. But now, he seemed genuine

"Really?" Tommy asked. He sounded just as surprised as everyone. 

"Really. I'm proud of you, Tommy." 

-----------------

i've seen the end - Megan Shumway :   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIT641-Cqvc

brit boys chapter woooooooooooooooooooo

i'm happy to right about these guys again, i think it's fun to write about them 

and for tommy's voice, just imagine like- the butterscotchbread cover of this song, just sounding more british 

- twig