33 II In the arms of a dream

For the next week, George couldn't even look at Dream from the embarrassment that stung at his heart. Dream didn't seem to think anything of it and was just as happy as he was prior to everything. 

The two had held hands more comfortably now, only parting when a person looks a them oddly or laughed in they're direction. George hated it, but Dream didn't seem to mind.

He never minded. He never saw the point in caring what others said, apparently.

George always envied his strength, bravery, because he knew that he would never have anything close to that.

"Hey." The voice snapped out of his thoughts, and he finally realised where he was. Library. Like always. He looked up and saw Gabriella stare down at him, this time occomponied by two other girls. 

George rolled his eyes and went back to his book. "What?" He asked. 

"I've seen how you've been acting with dream." She threatened, and George couldn't care less. 

"Look." He closed the book and stood up to face her. "I don't care about anything that comes out of your mouth. If you like him, go for him, just stop bothering me about it. He's my friend after-all. You don't even have the courage to talk to him, anyways, bothering me instead." He slung his bag over his shoulders, hearing a gasp from the girls. 

Here we go again. "I know a lot about everyone, davidson."

The words stung him. "You wouldn't like information to go out about you, davidson? Mother's an alcoholic, farther's dead, huh?" He stiffened as she spoke, her comrades laughing.  

He turned to them with widened eyes. "How do you know?" He breathed. 

They all laughed at him. "I have my ways." Gabriella laughed, a cruel smile on her face. 

George was too stunned to speak, his eyes widened at the thought that this terrible secret can go out. His thoughts swarmed in his mind as the three before laughed at him. He didn't even hear the sound fall into nothingness and a hand on his shoulder, scribbling, words. 

Memories of his father swarmed in his mind, he hated them so, because they only brought thoughts and feelings he had kept in for such a long drawn out time. Time didn't care for him, time would rather leave him in the dust with other moments that became memories. Faith had left him, everything had left with his father. 

Faith, compassion, love, courage. They all swept away with the name of his father. 

And all he had left to call a guardian was an alcoholic that couldn't muster up the courage to face the world. But how could she, when her son followed the same path. Clutching his arms, he kept his head down. 

The world was silent around him, his breath coming in with shallow breathes, unable to hold him afloat for much longer. Reality was crashing down on him, truth and lies hurdled around him and all he longed for was it to stop. 

The hopeless nights he sat on his table fighting sleep from his eyes, to that horrible day when he was only but a child figuring out that the world was as cruel as wizards in storybooks. 

His breath wavered. He couldn't breath. His father was gone, his mother was soon to follow the same path. He would be an orphan with the only two people who he could call 'mom' and 'dad' perhaps even his guardians, dead in a well. Dead on the floor, dead with a bullet to the heart, dead with wine in a shattered glass and a lifeless body on the floor. 

Stop. Please just stop.

He felt strong arms wrap around him, being pulled into a soft embrace. George gripped the other tightly and felt his eyes swarm with tears. Cry, his thoughts taunted him. Cry like the baby you are, they spoke, multiplying. 

He felt a hand cradle his head, and suddenly the brunette let out the first tear followed by a hundred more, crying to the chest of a person he was yet to know. 

Dream wrapped his arms around him and let the shorter cry until the end of everything, just as he had done for him. He wouldn't mind one bit. 

-----------------

another love : tom odell : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiKpKy1CTs 

Angst! I hope it was good, I don't know if I write emotions well. Thank you all for reading, I really appreciate all the votes and comments I've gotten!

How're you all doing today? 

-twig