12 II Soccer Practice

The end of the day consisted of Dream buzzing with excitement and George looking at him with a smile. He was over the moon excited. George could never understand why, but it made him so happy to see his friend happy. He didn't know why. 

As they walked to the place where practice was held, the soccer pitch, Dream and George had to part ways. But before, Dream grinned down at him and signed; Wish me luck. 

George giggled. Good luck. 

Dream grinned wider, and he turned his head to three boys who were practicing tricks. One of them turned his head to Dream and waved over at him. George recognised him as Sapnap. 

The blonde waved back, and he stared back at George for a second more. He waved, ruffled his hair, and ran away to the three who waited for him. 

George stayed in his place for a second more, unsure of what had just happened. When it hit him, he blushed a deep red and walked over to the bleachers, finding a seat on the third row, where he settled his bag and buried his face in his hands. 

What was that boy doing to him? 

Not long after, more people (on the soccer team) arrived and after the coach came, everyone settled down and it seemed like he started to speak. George couldn't hear him, and didn't bother to strain to hear.

He didn't have any homework that day, and had nothing to do. So he just pulled out a notebook and began to doodle. 

Not long after he felt a gaze stare into him, and the brunette turned his head to face a red-head. The air between them was awkward. "Can I help you with something?"

The red-head looked back at the pitch, and pointed to Dream. "What's his name? Is he new?" 

Her voice was familiar. George nodded slowly. "His name is-" He paused. He remembered Dream saying he didn't like his name. "Dream,"

"He is so hot. Look at him!" She said, watching them all run across the field. George had never felt so uncomfortable. "Is his name actually dream?" 

"No, it's a nickname." 

"Then what's his real name?"

"I can't tell you that." 

She scoffed. "Why not?" 

George shrugged, not bothering to say, 'stop being so nosy, he doesn't like his name, so he likes to be called something he's not.' 

This girl had made him so uncomfortable, it was horrible. George kind of wished she'd leave, but said nothing, in an effort to be polite. "Just because."

She huffed, and gave up. The brunette was so thankful. "Is he single?" Oh nope, there she goes again. George looked at her, and she looked back. "You do know, right? Isn't he you're friend?" 

"Um- Yeah. He's single." He said, coughing into his hand. Why was this girl asking so many questions, especially like these? It gave the brunette a sinking feeling in his stomach. And it didn't help that she was familiar. 

"Why do you ask?" It was her turn to shrug. George could see her smiling.

She licked her lips as the team stopped running, and where standing in-front of the coach, listening to some orders, he supposed. Then, Sapnap came forth and separated the team into two teams. 

"Ooooo, Go team!" The girl shouted as they split up. The raven turned his gaze to her, and looked at her weirdly. Dream was next to him and followed his friends gaze, then landed on the girl. She waved, and winked at the blonde. 

The blonde waved back. He turned his gaze to George and smiled. Sapnap nudged him, muttering something, and then they both went to they're positions and started to play a game. The girl turned to him and scoffed.