||Wifebeater||Reiner X Reader

A/N: guys before you begin ABUSE IS NOT OKAY!!! And I am 100% not encouraging it or bringing it to light.

This is inspired by my dumbass friend whom (when I first introduced reiner to him) said he looks like a wifebeater and I thought it was funny (it isn't but like, having a chaotic family with an abused mum, laughing at it helps me cope)

There is a twist so don't write anger paragraphs until you finish reading

You rushed to check if the stove was still on, fearing you may have forgotton about it. You sighed in relief, while it was still on, at least you caught up to it before it got bad.

Everything was ready for when he got home. The house was completely spotless. All his unrealistic expectations had made you forgetful.

Everyday, your husband came back from work completely tired. This fatique had no effect on his violent tendencies, in fact, it would worsen it.

One tiny mistake would set him off. Before he'd have some kind of filter, at least only slightly impatient. However, now he goes straight into beating.

Today, you'd make sure everything was to his liking, getting beaten again was not on your to-do list today. You're not sure your body can handle it. This always led you to wonder if having a baby with him would be better, since then, he would at least go easy on you.

Checking the clock, your heart began beating faster, he would arrive at any second and you hadn't even set the table!

Hastily grabbing the plate, you messily placed it on the wooden table. Snatching the utensils with shaky hands.

At the sound of the strong knocks, your heart halted, knowing exactly who it was. That noise was the only jump scare that could cause a heart attack.

Your palms shivered as they reached for the knob, mustering up a smile when you opened it to face him.

Golden eyes burned into yours, making your pulse speed up. You were convinced he could hear you gulp. "Hey, honey." You managed to say without a crack in your voice.

"Hello." He slightly leaned down to kiss your cheek. You welcomed him in, without another word. The atmosphere was too thick and heavy for a conversation.

You nervously gazed at him as he observed the house. A heavy weight lifted off your chest when he walked on without another word. "I got you some proffessional pencils, I noticed you were using cheap ones."

"Ah... th-thank you. You really didn't have to I"-

You flinched as his hand landed on your arms. Smiling psychopathically as he stared down at you. "I'm your husband aren't I?"

Realising he was going in for a kiss you shut your eyes tightly, hoping this wasn't a hallucination and that he had actually come back home happily.

It was a strong peck on your lips, with his arms caging you in his embrace. "How was work, baby?" You hesitantly hugged back.

"It was great! I got a promotion!" So that's why he was happy

"Ah, well done." You laughed, releasing your tense shoulders. "You hungry? I-I made dinner."

You felt him kiss your head, arms squeeze you ever so securely. Moments like this make you forget about the bruises on your body. "No thanks, I'll be gone until tomorrow morning."

The hug didn't feel so safe anymore as he silenced himself after that sentence, as if waiting for you to understand. "...Why?" You ask, breath hitching when he let go and glared at you with cold eyes. No visible light was in them, the sharp shape reminding you of just how terrifying he is.

"Because today is my birthday." He paused, "You dumb bitch."

"Reiner..." you stuttered. You were so damn focused on avoiding his bad side that you didn't know what the date was. Afterall, you were a housewife with nothing but a brick phone, the only contact being his.

"Are my efforts too little for you?" He said emotionlessly.

"No! I swear! I-I wanted to surprise you later tonight"-

"LIAR!"

In the speed of light, a harsh hand collided against your cheek, knocking you against the wall. "Reiner no! I SWEAR! PLEASE!" You cried.

Before he could mercilessly stomp to your direction, you took off to the stairs, risking everything. He used to be in the army, what chance do you have of escaping him. In both speed and stamina, he wins.

His loud footsteps shook the floor, your adrelinine pushing you to the toilet door that was inches away.

Yet, so was he, you could tell he was closer. So close that when you tried to close the door behind you, his foot stopped it. This was the moment you began to sob pleads, begging him for forgiveness.

"This is the husbands job isn't it?" He punched your face, straddling you once you had fallen. "To discipline his family, right?"

"ANNDD CUT!" The camera crew scattered across the filming set, probably off for a water break.

When his fist lowered to your face, he softly pinched your cheek. Smiling down at you before helping you get up. "I didn't hurt you did I dove?"

"No." You giggled, wiping the fake tears. "Gosh it feels terrible, what kind of animal would do that shit?" He said while fixing your hair with his gentle fingers.

This drama was a scary idea but fans seemed to like it, especially with the fact that both you and Reiner were married in real life. The amount of times he'd reassure that he would never even dream of hurting you was an earache to everyone.

With mumbled praises and gentle strokes, he took you to go practice your lines with him, checking that you weren't afraid of him.

Authors note: I was wincing while writing this💀 it's a bad idea, a terrible one, it reminded me of my childhood but honestly it feels good to let it out.