Reiner X protective reader || To save the world

Authors note: This is short... but I found it funny. I thought it'd be funny. I was laughing while writing- idk it could just be me. The scene was cringeworthy so I might as well make a joke out of it.

When he had laid down, to peacefully heal, you didn't realise he'd fall asleep so deeply. It was a shock that Reiner wasn't snoring, it had been a while since he's slept so peacefully. Alas, you were glad, you didn't want anything disturbing his sleep, though, you doubted anything could- what with the stomping giants destroying the walls- or the constant gunshots going off.

You watched over him for a while when Gabi left, off to go do something you didn't care enough to listen about. She's a strong girl, she'll be safe by herself- she'll go get Falco too, hopefully in one piece.

"Still asleep huh?" You grinned at the man who softly rolled onto his side, his palm cradling the pillow. "You're so cute." Another sigh left your lips as your fingers softly raked through his hair. That's when you noticed the blood stained on them from checking his wounds. You didn't want to stain him anymore than he already was so you left to go wash your palms.

The damned bathroom was somewhere in this house... but where? It's a small home but it was almost impossible for you to find any sink nearby.

At last when you did, you began washing away with warm water, not realising it'd be harder to get the stains off. It took a while but you finally managed to get your hands back to your normal skin colour.

By this time however, you hadn't noticed the people who entered the house. You were too busy observing your clean but wet hands, wiping them on your clothes while strolling back downstairs- only to witness Reiner's head get kicked awake.

All sense of reality had slipped away, you could only feel adrelinine throbbing through your head, blurring your vision but sharpening towards the one person who had done so.

"Where are we going...?" He breathed out in confusion.

"To save the- Y/N! WHAT THE FUCK?! SOMEONE STOP HER!"-

Before Connie could finish his speech, two hands latched onto the hair of the blonde girl, violently dragging her.

Armin and Mikasa rushed to the two, trying to focus even amongst all the screaming and profanity. Meanwhile, Reiner observed with squinted eyes, still puzzled. Was he dreaming? This is so bizarre... his own wife is beating his dead comrade? I must be in hell. He thought, wondering whether he should just go back to sleep until he realised- she must have awoken.

"Miss L/n calm down!" Gabi tried to say, looking at the dishevelled woman being held back by the Ackerman.

"Yeah, it's just Annie," Armin said as the said girl was fixing her hair- some of which had been ripped off.

Y/n blinked, realising that he was right. It was.

"You could be Shadis and I still would have dragged your hair- but I guess by your head then... 'cause y'know, he's bald and all-" She bluntly said, getting Mikasa's hold off of her. "You bitch." Annie hissed, looking at the small patches of blonde on the floor.

"My bad I guess," Y/n shrugged, "but you lowkey deserved it."

Connie rolled his eyes, bringing his attention back to Reiner. "Anyways, we're going to go save the"-

"Save it, it's not cool anymore," Mikasa said, leading everyone the way out.