Reiner X Cold reader

Idea from @JustAWanderingPotato

I had so much fun writing this!!! I love your fluff requests😩😩😩 especially when they take place in winter

Little bit of a highschool AU, hope you all enjoy🌸👄

Winter finals were on the way, in about two weeks, the exams would kick off and start

Winter finals were on the way, in about two weeks, the exams would kick off and start. Not only had you not studied, you had a group of your friends help you search for the answers, sure the paper would be on a secret website online. Yet with only 14 days left, no avail.

Everyone agreed the tests coming up would be too difficult to answer, especially given the short time to learn and memorise everything. Sadly, you couldn't share the answers with everyone. After all, you and Jean were the masterminds behind the entire plan.

Baring all this in mind, you had forgotten a key thing. It was winter.

The buses would take too long to arrive for the sake of the deepening snow, your forgetfulness had caught up with the fact that you only had a cardigan to shelter yourself against the wind whipping against your numbing face.

Through the whistles violently blowing in your ear, you could hear hastened crunches in the snow. You turned to witness a familiar someone through the white painting over the concrete and buildings.

"Reiner?" You huffed a puffy cloud of warmth. "Y/n!" He waved a pile of clipped papers. Slowing down against the slippery parts of the street. A second warmth wafted against your face as he took a seat next to you. "Guess who finally found the papers we're doing?"

"You?"

"Mmm, no, I mean I don't need them-" he puffed out his chest like the cocky bastard he was, "But um, Bertholdt did, he asked me to give them to you."

He extended the papers out to you, to which you slowly but surely accepted with twinkling eyes, full of pride and joy in Bertholdt.

Suddenly, the blonde flinched at the brush of your fingers, hazel eyes wide in shock. "Y/n?"

You couldn't hear him above the excitement, flipping through the pages of answers you were sure to take pictures of and share with your friends.

"Hey! Y/n!"

"Mmm?" You slung your backpack from your shoulders to your lap, inserting the papers inside as if they were made of fragile gold. "Yeah Reiner? You need something?"

"You're so cold..." he stated obviously. Concerned gaze scanning over the small quivering of your lips and arms. "Psh, yeah, it's freezing, wanna feel?" You waved your fingers towards him.

"I- no!" He flinched away, causing you to giggle at his fragility. "Why aren't you wearing a coat? Aren't you freezing?"

"A bit. I forgot to go shopping, my last one ripped and the other, well my mum gave it to charity without asking for my opinion." Your words wandered off in a series of confusing blabbers about the lack of consent between your family.

The sound of a running a zip caught your attention, yet by the time you glanced over, warmth had already enveloped you. A small moan squeaked out of your lips, catching yourself by surprise. "Hey- w-what about you?!"

"I'll be fine, my house is nearby and I'm wearing a lot of layers- see?" He plucked the pale turtleneck he wore under his green sweater. "But, this is yours! Take it, I promise I'm"-

"Y/n." He firmly wrapped it around you, "I'll. Be. Fine. At least just keep it until you get a new one. Alright?" He blinked, awaiting your answer, "alright?"

You hesitantly nodded, noting that once he had made a decision, there was no way you could convince him not to.
Besides, how easy was it to deny how much you loved it, embraced in both warmth and the scent of tinted leather. A familiar scent that would instantly remind you of the man that so lovingly stared at you

The big red incoming bus had broken your hypnotising eye contact, making you scramble onto your feet in preparation. "My b-bus- is here!"

"Oh great." He said, standing up along with you. "Text me when you get home, Y/n."

"Yeah..." you smiled, almost turning to the door that was yet to open. Before you could hop on, you spun around and leapt onto the tall blonde. "Thanks. Reiner." You squeezed his waist, his arms carefully slithered around you, hands softly yet firmly patting your back.

Before he could respond, you tip toed to peck his already reddening cheek, "See you tomorrow!" Was the last thing he could hear while you hopped on the bus, leaving him to process what had just happened.