Honeymoon Phase || Reiner X Reader

HEEEYYY! I come bearing a request!

Could you write a lil something centred around reiner and reader whove just gotten together only recently but reader is having a hard time going about daily life without thinking of rei at EVERY WAKING MOMENT!!! deffo in that honeymoon stage

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm flustering myself at this point, it's just a peek of housewaifu Rei, because who doesn't bloody love that headcanon?!

HELP I CANT WRITE PEOPLE SMOOCHING BUT I STILL END UP DOING IT I CANT

You'd think that the errands you ran for your relative would be a great way to end your long shift at work. Yet it only lengthened the already frustrating day. Every time you had the intention of finishing your writing work, you'd subconsciously type his name, resulting in a constant loop in which you'd erase your work to start again.

But it couldn't be helped if that's all that lingered in your mind. Everything from his scent to his face, his smile, the warm vibration in his voice. Your heart ached at the vision. Even a few hours of separation was killing you. Your coworkers seemed just as concerned, constantly asking why you were in such a daze.

It was unusual for your thoughts to be so jumbled up, to the point you'd trip over your own words in anticipation that this day would end so you could finally go back home.

The world was testing your sanity- you thought as you fumbled for the keys and made a poor attempt at inserting it. You cursed under your breath, questioning how one person could miss the slot so much before finally twisting it in. Hastily pushing the door open and swiftly shutting it behind you, careful to make little to no noise in order to locate his whereabouts.

Almost instantly, a waft of his favourite candle scent warmly fanned against your face. He must be awake, it was around his afternoon nap time, and knowing him, he'd never leave a candle on whilst he's sleeping like a log.

You mindlessly trailed after the sounds of the TV channels switching. Creaking by the door of the living room to find him peacefully sat on the sofa.

He didn't seem to notice you until you crawled onto his lap, blocking his view of the television. However, he didn't seem to mind as he delicately held your sides. "Rei," you sighed in relief, held his cheeks and began peppering kisses across his face.

"Everything okay, sweetheart?"

"Missed you," you said in between pecks. His face burned a bright pink, biting back a flustered smile.
"Couldn't stop thinking bout you all day-"

The hold on your waist tightened, just as you were about to lay one on his lips, he swiftly tackled you onto your back, you gasped at the sudden impact against the cushion.
Before you could even think of anything to say his lips were on yours, the scruff on his chin tickling you as kissed back.

Parting with deep breaths, he rested his forehead against yours. "Missed you too," he whispered. The sincerity in his gaze causing your tummy to flip. Your palm slithered from his shirt to his scalp, threading your fingers carefully through his golden hair. His eyes fluttered in fatigue.

"How come you weren't napping?" You mumbled, "you always sleep around this time," your thumb rubbed behind his ear. He was seconds away from dropping onto you like a dead fly.

"I was waiting for you, I didn't want to eat until you got home."

"M sorry, I had an errand to run, it's not too late to eat now is it? You can still have your nap if we do."

He nodded with a cute grin. With one last kiss on his cheek, you helped him up along with you, taking his hand and leading him into the kitchen.

Authors note:

Are you a Will Graham girly or a Hannibal Lector whore ?