Night terror || Reiner X F!Reader||

When you had woken up to the sound of hastened mumbling, you didn't even know the time, the sky was a bizarre blue colour. Indicating it was a few hours away from twilight.

Your hearing sharpened along with your eyesight, attention averting to the blonde next to your, his chest  frantically heaving up and down in the blurry moonlight shingling through the creeks of the curtain.

His softened features creased, his frown twisting in attempt to ward of the demons in his head. You were hesitant to reach out for him, until his voice raised in uncharacteristic cries of fear, his deep voice climbing up to a high pitched weep.

Hastily, you sat slightly up, taking his stiff shoulders into your warm palms. "Rein..." you whispered. Yet it did nothing as his breaths hitched, the cold sweat on him became more evident when nearing the moonlight.

"Rei." You shook him again, gently in hopes that he wouldn't wake up with a gasp, fearing his surroundings despite being completely safe.

Your hands softly clenched his shoulders, slightly massaging them. His hysterical talk died down into a deep gulp, his eyebrows raising, as if to lift his heavy eyelids apart.

Eyes fluttering, meeting your concerned gaze. You propped yourself up with your hand on the mattress, your other hand rubbing comforting circles on his arm. "You don't have to talk." You ushered, knowing that after a traumatising nightmare, he'd be completely speechless. Hell- he probably forgot how to talk.

"Would you like me to turn the fan on? You're very warm." You said, hoping for a nod, or even a twitch of his fingers. "Stay." He hoarsely answered. "I won't be long, it's just across the room." You reassured, kissing his forehead.

You tiptoed to the fans and flipped the switch for them, returning to the bed in under five seconds. His palms reached out for you, weakly. It was such a heart breaking sight, a man of his strength and height, holding his arms out like a baby seeking shelter.

"You can sleep on my chest, is that better?" You asked , arranging the position, you slipped under the covers and brought his head above your left chest. Your fingers raked at his scalp, feeling him melt on top of you, his arm draped across your waist and to your other hand, clasping onto it with what seemed like the little amount of strength he had left.

"Love you." He mumbled before lulling back asleep.

Authors note: this is very short but honestly I just wrote it to comfort myself because my brother caught a panic attack and woke the entire family up, he scared the living shit out of me and my sister ☠️☠️☠️

Would you like me to write a comfort chapter like this for your fave? ❤️ if so just request in the comments