Erwin X Princess! Reader

Tumblr Request:

I really like your royal prompt. Can you write scenario or headcanons for Erwin Smith before and after marriage of this prompt where his s/o is a princess

•Erwin was a knight like no other, he wasn't afraid to speak his opinion and even spoke up in a moment of crisis, the other knights warned him to back down, even seizing him, awaiting for your father to announce an execution.

•But no, instead your father low-key was interested in this man. He told the knights to let him go, asking Erwin to speak some more.

•Idk how but Erwin just has a magic way with his words, it's amazing just what he can do.

•Also just the definition of the original philosopher in your village, but he isn't really self proclaimed, he just has a knack for making his opponents rethink their entire life, their entire existence. Before you know it, the enemy may kill themself

•By the way that isn't a joke, he once made an intruder kill themself just by talking to them once they were cornered. Honestly it was amazing but scary. The whole situation in which Erwin had a knife to his own neck and demanded everyone stay away from him- even though- man's is about to die?! 🗿

•You were awake because of all the commotion and had two knights standing by you just in case. It was like a horror movie, by the time Erwin stopped talking, the knife safely slid past his neck and went straight into the intruders chest. By his own palms. A clean suicide.

•Please even when he dropped dead, Erwin just awkwardly stood there, with a dead bleeding man laying right behind him.

•Of course, everyone was stunned for a good second, some even considering whatever traumatising shit Erwin just spilled. After a good few seconds of staring, the knights gathered around the body to put it away. (That sounds sketchy lmao, my bad.)

•Just because he had no reaction to a literal man dying not even a few centimetres away from him, doesn't mean he doesn't care about you 🥺 his eyes softened when he noticed you were up, staring in horror at what just occurred and came up to you to ask if you were okay.

•He told the other knights he'd escort you to your room. No one really batted an eye, they didn't suspect anything so they just let him go and told you to stay in your room till morning. To stay safe and all that.

•He didn't stay too long since he had duties to tend to, but he didn't leave without tucking you in and giving your forehead a kiss.

•He even reassured you. Kneeling beside your bed and holding your hands, "I don't even know how he managed to get in." He chuckled, remembering just how fast he was held at knifepoint. He could have just flipped him over his back, but there were too many people, that stunt could have ended in disaster.

•"Win... it was a peasant, he's just trying to help his village." You whimpered in pity. The kingdom is too corrupt, so corrupt that you had to witness such a sad death. If this is what you encounter in the palace then what horrors occur outside of it?

"It's okay, the kingdom won't be like this forever, I'm going to help everyone out." He stroked your hand with his palm. "You won't have to worry about anyone else again." He offered you a kind smile, relieved when you reluctantly gave one back.

With one last kiss he took off to his job.

•The king takes Erwin into his meetings after finding out what happened last night, the entire palace maids, butlers, workers were gossiping about it.

•Whatever he says, it's getting the wires to work in your fathers head. It's astounding, keeping in mind, Erwin makes sure to never ever accidentally bruise the kings ego with how intelligent he is.

•He's offered a job as the kings advisor. His reputation was always widely known as a superhuman, I wouldn't be surprised if people spread false rumours that he had powers.

•It's a mystery with all the positive traits. His reputation had come to light to royals and now he was actually working by your fathers side.

•This is perfect for you because now you can lie to your dad, telling him how you want to go on expeditions too, that you miss him so much when he leaves the palace. And he agrees. You and Erwin are always together, even when your father introduces him to you, you giggle at how humble he is.

•Even so, your dad is oblivious. Even when you two show signs of major chemistry. Erwin is so nice though, when he bows down to you, or compliments you, he actually means it, he's not doing it out of fear or to kiss up to the royals.

•After a few months of this job being given to him, the kingdom improves- drastically in a great way. The perfect rule of life is passed down to all the villages, there's no classism or discrimination.

•People know it's all Erwin's doing but they praise the king out of fear that they'll get the blonde killed out of jealousy.

•Anyway, the king wanted to insure Erwin's safety at all times and thought that he'd be able to keep him in the royal family at all times by arranging a marriage with his eldest daughter. You.

•Both of you seemed to get along just fine so why not?

•Honestly it was hilarious to you, getting told at lunch. Your dad broke the news to you as if you'd get up throwing cups at his face, he was expecting you to fight back but you only sighed in pretend disappointment.

•when Erwin was told he had a straight face but obeyed all orders, once it was all over, he began laughing, wondering how you reacted to this since all he heard was: "The princess would be delighted to take your hand in marriage."

•Because this is the oldest daughters wedding, the marriage ceremony was quite huge- more than you'd hope for. It was amazing though, Erwin wore gold and red, you were in a white dress to symbolise purity despite the fact you and him have been everything but 'chaste'

•it took forever to get the vows already done with but by the time it was over the party began and honestly it felt incredible to finally be so open about your relationship with him. You could link arms freely, hug each other, even slow dance.

•Before as a knight, he'd still do it with you, he said that dancing was something that calmed him down after a hectic day or journey, he'd just hug you and maybe sway for a while.

•But your dad was pleased to see you both get along amazingly, not knowing shit.

•Everyone was suspicious- except for your dad 🗿 like shit man I don't think you should be running a kingdom.

•You guys would rule the kingdom equally but it's mostly dominated by Erwin, because he puts in the most ideas and brainwork. I guess a majority of the time, you're there to add onto points.

•Other times though you don't really attend meetings, you'd visit the villages and see what needs to be done in them. Honestly, it's a better place, not quite paradise... but a good place.