A Fun Afternoon

Yanfei pov

"Sweetie, your father and I have to talk about something to you, meet us at the dining room at 6:30 sharp, wearing a fancy outfit." My mother said slowly. I nodded my head. I had thirty minutes to get ready. I brushed my hair and put it up in a low bun. I also put on my most expensive white pleated skirt. I put on a white hoodie on top of that. I put on knee high socks and wore white platform heels. I was ready. I crept from my room all the way to the large, fancy dining room. I decided to sit down at my normal Seat, at the end of the table. My parents sat down on the other end. I opened my mouth to speak " So, what is this important news?" My father started to speak, "we have invited Hu Taos family to come have a fancy Christmas dinner with us, since we know she's your best-friend." Best friend is an understatement... I wish I could just tell them we were dating. It was hard to keep our relationship a secret. Then I realized he said Christmas! I forgot it had already turned December! I didn't even have a gift! "Father, mother, will you allow me to go to the mall and buy Hu Tao a Christmas gift? I had forgotten it was December already." I gulped, hoping that the answer would be yes. My father answered my question " Yes, you may. But I am not paying, and you only have two hours to get something. Me and your mother can't come with you though, so I expect you to be on your best behavior, young lady." I nodded my head, and ran out to grab my keys.

I stepped in my car and headed out to the mall. The trip was ten minutes there and ten minutes back, so I have to deduct 20 minutes from my trip. I eventually reached the mall and ran out of my car. The first store I saw caught my eye. They had red butterfly and ghost hairpins. They were a whopping $20 bucks! I went in the store to purchase them, and then went along with my shopping journey. I ended up buying some more jewelry. But I still had a ton of money left. I had to think of something she'd like that is expensive... then I saw this stand. It was selling some sort of.. tickets? I looked closer and it was My Chemical Romance tickets for their upcoming concert! It was $100 dollars per ticket, and I had $300 dollars left.. I would but two for both of us! It's perfect! Tao always talked about how much she loved MCR... she would love it! I stood in line for about thirty minutes and then it was finally my turn. I purchased the two tickets and quickly left the overflowing line. I would just buy a few more things and I'd be done. Then, I saw a manga store! I saw it was selling pumpkin night, and corpse party! Two very violent, gory mangas! I ran into the store and purchased them immediately. I had ten bucks left, so I went went to a little section in the mall that sold Christmas bags. I bought a lot of stuff, so I just bought a smaller bag for the jewelry, a super small bag for the concert tickets, and a medium sized bag for everything else. I was all done. I ran off to my car and set the bags down. I sped home and then I ran up to my room to put everything in the bags. I put that paper stuff on top of it too. It looked perfect! I'm sure she'd love this. I had spent a whole months salary worth of cash, but I loved Tao and I'd do anything for her. I left the bags on my desk and then walked out of my room. I did my makeup and then checked my schedule on my laptop. I heard a ding on the door, but my parents were to busy doing stuff that I had to open it. I quickly smiled, but it was a genuine smile this time. "Hello Mr. And Mrs. Tao! Come in!" I opened the door wider. "My parents are still working on the food and other stuff. You can hang up your jackets on this hook too." I gestures my hand to the hook. I ran up to TaoTao and hugged her. Her cold hands wrapped around my jacket covered back. It felt good to have company. "Your home is lovely, Yanfei." Hu tao muttered. "Why, thanky"- my mom had cut me off. "It's time to exchange your presents, girls!" My mom yelped like small child. "I'll be right back, my gift for you is in my room at the moment!" I ran upstairs, grabbed my gift, and ran back downstairs while huffing and puffing. Hu tao held a few small bags in her hands. I felt so exited, it was childish. Me and Tao sat down on the floor. We exchanged our gifts and we started opening them. I watched Tao as she opened the smallest bag. I opened a small bag too. I was delighted! It had the lipgloss I was dreaming of getting in it! It was super expensive, too. Hu Taos face lit up when she saw the concert tickets. "Oh my gosh, i lo- your the best 'friend' ever! You will come with me to the concert, right!?" Hu tao almost said she loved me. In front of our very homophobic parents. I watched her open the bag that held the manga. I had bought every volume for her. Every volume of both the books. She leaned towards me and we hugged. "I love this manga! I've been wanting it forever!" Hu tao seemed happy. I opened another bag that carried every volume of ' The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' manga! I was obsessed with this series and wanted it so bad! We finished opening the presents and I was overjoyed. I had gotten so many things. I was so exited. Hu Tao and I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood while our parents were chatting. It was kind of romantic. We laughed, we chatted, and we just were exited for nothing at all really. Tao gave me a cute kiss on the cheek. I kissed her cheek back. We both blushed. It was getting dark so we headed back home. It was time for dinner! We it home and sat down next to each other at the table while we played fun little games on our phones. "Ladies, put you devices down! It's time to feast!" My mother and father announced. We were having roast pork, jiaozi, spring rolls, and huoshao. It was my family tradition. We munched until our stomachs were bursting out of our shirts. We were full, but we still were missing something.. dessert! For dessert we options of vanilla cake, mochi, or nothing. Me and hu tao sliced some cake for ourselves and sat back down. We waited for the adults and when they came back, we started eating. It was delicious. Then I realized that hu Taos mother had brought the cake, and I thanked her. "Thankyou Mrs. Tao! The cake is absolutely appetizing!" She blushed and thanked me. Deep down, I thought and knew TaoTaos parents were terrible parents.

After we were done eating, hu tao packed up her things and got ready to leave. "Bye Hu Tao! I will see you next week!" I blurted out my parents talked to her parents for a bit more and me and Tao just stared at each other gratefully. I was just zoning out. My mother snapped me out of i "Yanfei darling, I'm asking you a question." "Huh?" I replied. "Mrs. Tao wants to know if you would like to have a sleepover with Hu Tao." My mom said, happy that I'd be gone. "Ofcourse, I'd love too!" I said. "Let me go pack my things!" I ran upstairs. I gathered my things and hurried back downstairs, trying not to trip. I waved bye to my parents and hopped into Taos car.

The drive was beautiful. Christmas lights were hung everywhere. The scenery was extravagant. It was so cute watching hu tao stargaze out her window. She was for sure the best girlfriend ever.

Thankyou for reading! Next chapter coming out soon!