Welcome home

Tw: thoughts of su!c!de???

HU TAO POV

After the shooting, I stayed at my house alone. Since I was now an adult, I didn't need a caretaker. Everyone was concerned for yanfei, but since she was barely hurt, she was getting to come home in a few days! But since the school year was going to end soon, and we were all going to college, I was getting quite sad since yanfei was going to law school that was far away, and I had no clue what I was going to do with my life. Community college sounded boring, and I am pretty stupid so I can't get into a good college. I'm thinking of going to an art school.
RING RING
my doorbell.
I ran to the door.
"Hello, Yanfei's mom." I said in a monotonous voice.
"Would you like to come to the hospital to pick up Yanfei? I can give you a ride." She asked.
After escaping her house, me and yanfei had apologized to her and we had started getting a long, and Yanfei's mother became more accepting of us. accept we hadn't told her we were getting married yet.
I nodded my head, grabbed my bag, and followed Yanfei's mother to her fancy car and sat in the back. I was so worried that I that slept for about 3 days, and my eye bags looked terrible. I looked at my engagement ring in my finger. I was scared to see her. The whole ride there, we were silent. But when we arrived I ran out of the car and opened Yanfei's moms door. I closed it when she got out and we started walking in.

A few minutes later...

We had to wait to see her, so we sat in the generic washed out blue hospital chairs.
"Uhm.. I need to tell you something." I said awkwardly.
"Make it quick." She replied.
"Well.. uhm.. early last July.. me and yanfei uh.. she proposed to me. And I excepted."
I told her. She stayed silent, but slowly looked down in blank emotion. Almost as if she was trying to figure out how she should react.
"I can help plan the wedding, when you can get married."
She said.
I nodded my head as the doctor came in and said we could go see yanfei! I got really nervous and exited. We both got up and the nurse told us yanfei was in room B26. Me and yanfei s mom walked all the way to B and looked for 26 , but we couldn't find it.
"Excuse me, ma'am? I asked a nurse who was walking by.
"Mhmm?" She said warmly.
"Can you help us find B26? We can't seem to find it." I asked.
"B26? B26 was torn down for unsafe projects being conducted on that room. Maybe go to B25 if you need to see someone." She replied. Yanfei's mom nodded and we walked to B25. We peeked through the window and saw yanfei. We walked in and sat eat the sides of her hospital bed. "Yanfei, my baby.." her mom said. I said nothing, but I smiled.
"Hi, love.." I quietly said.
"Hi, guys! I'm so exited to go home!" She said sleepily. I kissed her cheek.
"We both missed you so much." I said.
"Dud you get all the presents we sent you?" Yanfei's mom asked.
She nodded her head.
I got up and grabbed Yanfei's neatly packed luggage. The doctor walked in and helped yanfei get in her wheelchair. He said she'd be out of it in 2-4 months. She was healing VERY fast! I held Yanfei's luggage as her mom pushed her to the front of the building so we could check yanfei out. We did that and headed for her house.
I was so exited that she was home.
"Hu Tao, when was the last time you slept?" Yanfei asked.
"Last night, silly!" I said.
"When was the last time you went to your therapy session?"she said.
Silence.
I did NOT respond.
"Mom can you please drive Hu Tao to her next therapy session?"
"Yes." Yanfei's mom said.
I looked down to my thighs. Tomorrow.
We arrived at Yanfei's home.
"Yanfei, as much as I love you, I need to go home now. I'll call you as soon as I can, babe." I said.
"Mom can you drive hu tao ho-"
"No, it's fine, I planned on walking! Goodbye, dear." I said, opening the door and walking out. Even though yanfei was home, I still wanted to end it all. I thought that I'd be happy now. I guess I'm just greedy, like what my parents said when I was little.
I stood in the middle of the road, trying to skip the song I was playing on Spotify. Suddenly a car came rushing my way, and I didn't know what to do. Right before it hit me, the blue haired boy, Xingqiu grabbed my arm and pulled me to the sidewalk before I got pancaked by the speeding car. As I sat down, bursting into tears, out of breath, and depressed, I fell into my back, needing sleep.
"I'm sorry guys, I'm being a really big baby right now"I said with a lump in my throat.
"It's okay, how about we walk you back to my house, it's really close and yours is about 3 miles from here." Chongyun said. I hadn't noticed he was also there. I nodded and walked with them. At the door, I was greeted by a young-ish woman with light blue hair like Chongyuns. The boys explained what happened and she let me in. She told me to go to the guest room and sleep until she could drive me home. I sat in the bed, in tears. I so wanted to k/\/\ s right now. After thinking for a long time, I fell asleep.

A/N: This better make me popular again bc I miss my popular era when my book was like 4th place on the yantao #