Chapter III - shopping

He's more obedient than I thought he would be. He followed me to the car and got in. I got him to put the seatbelt on, not because he would need it but because of the alarm, as he asked "where are we going?"

I catch a glimpse of his teeth, they're so sharp. "The mall, you need more presentable clothes." I replied before turning in my seat to face him. "Can you make your teeth like mine?"

I opened my mouth to show him. He licked his lips before shutting his mouth. There're some grinding sounds before he opened his mouth again to show two rows of perfect teeth.

"Wow, your tongue is sharp too." I commented and stuck out my own. He morphed his into a rounder tip before he stuck it out too. We'd look pretty dumb to people passing by. I nodded then turned away, now he looked normal.

At the mall, I pulled him into the first clothes store I saw. "Human, let go." His voice was deep, way deeper than normal, and kind of echoed.

My eyes widened as I pushed him behind a rack of clothes. "You can't sound like that!" I frantically said as I shook my head. Lucifer frowned at me but changed his voice anyway.

"How's this." He tried out and I nod, he sounded much better. Now, it's time to shop for clothes. We did a few rounds around the store, each time I grabbed a few pieces of clothes for him.

They're mostly t-shirts, pants and jackets. We'll have to get the suits and shoes from another shop. With a bunch of clothes in hand, Lucifer followed me to the cashier and placed them down on the counter.

As the cashier bagged the clothes, I leaned over to Lucifer and whispered, "you don't happen to have money, do you?"

He rolled his eyes at me but grabbed my hand below the counter. When he let go, there was a stack of bills. I looked down at the hundred dollar bills in my hand then looked back up at Lucifer with a grin.

The devil is amazing.

I paid for the clothes then stuffed the rest of the bills into my wallet. Now onto the next store. "Do you want tailored suits?" I asked as we walked out. They were more expensive but I think that's no longer a problem.

He shrugged, tailored one it is. We walked into a classy looking store and I tell the staff what we were looking for. They lead us into a room with a platform in the middle and mirrors surrounding it.

We're told to wait as they get the tailor. This was probably going to take a while, maybe I should go shopping for my own clothes too.

With the bags in hand, I went up to Lucifer and told him I was going to put them in the car. He raised his eyebrows at me before snapping his fingers. "Where'd they go?" My hands were empty.

"The car." He grinned as I looked at him, impressed. "What else can you do?" I asked, I don't think making things appear and disappear covers it. Lucifer just smirked and looked away.

Fine, don't tell me. "Whatever, I'm going shopping." I said and turned to walk out of the room. A few steps later, I realised that Lucifer was following me.

"Stay here and get measured for your suit." I instructed and tried to leave again. This time he didn't follow me but he did make the dark doorway appear in the middle of the room.

"I'm leaving." He announced, his voice fringing on the deep and echo-y one. He started to walk towards the door. "What? Hey, stop that." I quickly walked back over and grabbed him.

He grumbled but didn't shrug my hand off. "We're just getting clothes. Are you afraid of being alone or something?"

He whipped around and glared down at me. "Afraid? Who's afraid?" His voice wasn't going back to the normal one and black smoke was starting to rise out of his skin. I had to defuse the situation and I had to do it before the tailor came back in.

I pulled my hand away from him and raised them in the air to signal surrender. "Me, I'm scared. So please don't go." I tried my best to look small and weak, I even threw in a slight pout.

He continued to glare at me but I could see the doorway starting to disappear. I let my arms down then reach over to pull him onto the platform. "Come on, change your voice back." I told him as I fanned at the smoke.

Crisis averted. I still want to go shopping though. "Can I go please?" I asked, dragging out the last word. He gave me the side-eye but before he could say anything I continued, "I'll be quick, and if you need me,"

I pause to snap my fingers, "you can just snap me back." I grinned at him and then I'm out the door. He should be fine, right? It's not like he's going to kill anyone.

I sucked in a breath and retraced my steps. "Hey, don't do any devil things and be nice to the humans." I poked my head back into the room and instructed him.

I locked eyes with him through the mirrors and I flashed him a smile before walking out again.

A few stores down, I was thinking about what I wanted to buy when I heard Lucifer, "Human, I'm going to make you pay." It was so sudden I almost let out a scream.

I quickly turned around, expecting to see Lucifer secretly following me but he wasn't there. I looked around and it looked like no one else heard him. I wanted to ask where he was, but I would probably look like a psycho talking to myself.

"They already think you're crazy." I heard his voice again, making me turn around one more time. I frowned, there's still no one there.

Are you in my head? I said in my mind and I hear Lucifer laugh. He is in my head. Get out of my head! I shouted. I wait a few seconds and there's no reply. Assuming he's gone, I continue on with my shopping.

I only went to a few stores but ended up getting a cute dress, a denim jacket and a pair of sunglasses for Lucifer that looked pretty cool. He would totally rock these.

Now, I was on my way back to the store Lucifer was in. Human, where are you. Lucifer's voice appeared once again, catching me off guard and causing me to do a little jump.

Did I scare you? He snickered. This power of his is pretty annoying huh. Shut up. I grumbled and rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see it. I'm just a few stores away, are you done?

I could see the store from where I was as Lucifer hummed. You can pay for yourself, right? I take it back, this power was pretty useful. Lucifer didn't reply so I continued, what did you get?

Whatever the lady got. I heard just as I turn into the store. Lucifer was standing at the cashier with a suit on. He looks pretty good.

Right after I thought that, Lucifer turned around and smirked at me. "I know I do." He said. My eyes widened, I forgot he could hear my thoughts.

I walked up to the counter just as the lady finished bagging the clothes. There were quite a few. She thanked Lucifer as he grabbed the bags to leave.

"How much was everything?" I asked. He's got shirts, jackets, pants and shoes. And not just one of each, a few of each. Tailored to fit him. It mustn't be cheap.

"A few ten thousand." He replied and I let out a chuckle. Thank god he has money, or should it be thank devil?

"So, what now?" He asked. I check my watch, it's almost dinner time. "Let's get some food." I paused and turned to him, "do you eat?"

"I can but I've never tried." I nodded at his reply, "you're going to love it." I told him as I stopped at an empty corner of the mall. I set the bags on the floor and sighed, they were starting to get heavy.

I looked up at him and threw out a grin. "Could you put these in the car?" I asked as he set his bags down too. He snapped his fingers and they were gone.

"Great. Now, come on." I grabbed his arm and pulled him along into one of the restaurants.  

a/n
hi! I just wanted to explain the italics in case anyone doesn't understand. so basically, everything written in italics is them talking to each other through their thoughts or telepathy. 

now that's done, i hope you're enjoying the story so far! Thanks for all the support <33