Chapter XI - the bar

"How pathetic!" Lucifer exclaimed, his eyes were glued to the screen. "Is this really how you humans view me?"

I shrugged, "yea that's pretty much it."

He grumbled and squished the pillow in his arms. "But if it makes you feel better, I think he's very handsome."

He turned to me and gasped. "I think you mean, I'm very handsome." He corrected me, emphasising on the 'I'm'. I bit my lips trying to contain my laughter as I shook my head, "nope, I don't think so."

I watched as his bottom lip jutted out just slightly in a pout and I burst out in laughter. I can't believe I just saw Lucifer pouting. Lucifer the devil.

He let out a groan as I fell onto my back from the laughter. "I could kill you." He started to threaten me, "stop laughing."

Next thing I knew, he was trying to smother me with the pillow. It wasn't helping him very much though because I started to laugh even more.

"Wait, wait" I pushed against it and took some time to catch my breath. "I can't breath." Since I wasn't laughing anymore, Lucifer pulled away to give me some space.

He stood up with the pillow in hand, for some reason, and the image of him from earlier on popped into my head again.

I guess he saw that too because he immediately whipped around as I let out a snicker. He was glaring at me and just about to throw the pillow at my face when a knock on the door grabbed both our attention.

"Kyra?" Leslie's voice called out from the other side. I almost forgot we were here because of her. I quickly sat up and cleared my throat, my voice was a little hoarse from all that laughing.

"Yea come in." I replied as I waved at Lucifer, signaling for him to put down the pillow and sit. He did, but not before whacking me on my back.

I turned to glare at him just as the door opened. Leslie walked in but stopped as she saw us, sitting on the bed so close together. She let out a little giggle and took some steps back.

"We're going to the bar, do you want to come?"

She glanced from me to Lucifer with pursed lips and slightly widened eyes. She definitely thinks we were doing something. I thought and let out a sigh.

Yea, I can see what she's thinking.

That's even more disturbing. I quickly glanced over to Lucifer who was trying to give her a polite smile but looking totally disgusted. "Or you can come out later, when you're free."

I gasped and turned back to her, I can't believe what she was implying. "Yea, no we're free. We'll be out in a bit." I quickly told her then shooed her out of the room.

Once she was out of sight, I let out a huge sigh and Lucifer groaned. "Where did I say we were going to? I wasn't even listening to her talk."

I checked my outfit and smoothed down my hair as Lucifer put his jacket back on. "The bar." He answered me and I turned to him so fast. "The bar? There's a bar here?" I asked in excitement.

He shrugged as he sat himself back on the bed. "Come on, hurry up. We're going to the bar!" By then I was practically hopping around the room. I loved drinking, just loved it.

Lucifer ignored me as I stood by the door waiting impatiently for him. "Isn't alcohol bad? There's a lot of drunkards in hell." He said. My mouth fell open as I stared back at him, it felt like I was getting a scolding.

"It's not bad if you don't drink too much." I started to explain and realised that he didn't have any intention of going. "You've never tried it before have you?"

He ignored me and continued to watched the movie that was playing. I really want to go drink though. "Come on, I'll let you go back after." I offered, getting his attention.

He pushed himself up and turned to me, "really?" He asked. I hummed in thought, was I really going to let him off so easily? "No."

He grumbled and fell back onto the bed. "Then go by yourself."

Maybe I should. I turned and had my hand on the doorknob when I suddenly remembered that Leslie said 'we'. Who else would 'we' refer to. I don't want to go drink with her friends.

I sighed and removed my hand, I guess I'm not going. I crawled back onto the bed and laid down beside Lucifer. "Fine, I'll just stay here with you."

He peeked over at me for just a second before he turned back to the screen. Maybe he's feeling bad, I could use this. "I really wanted to try their special cocktails." I mumbled sadly.

I watched and waited for a reaction. He didn't even flinch, so I guess no drinks for me then. I turned my attention to the tv that was still playing the same movie and slowly drifted to sleep.

An hour or two later, I woke up to an empty room just like last time. I groaned as I pushed myself up and looked around the room.

"You could have left a note or something." I grumbled. But now since he's gone, I should find something to do.

I grabbed the remote and started to scroll through the channels on the tv and found some games to play. I fumbled around the drawers, found the remote and started to play.

It was pretty fun at first but I got bored after a while and fell back onto the bed. Now there was nothing to do and I didn't feel like going back to sleep.

I started to wonder when Lucifer was coming back as I stared up at the ceiling. If he doesn't come back in time, we'll be in trouble.

Maybe I should try calling him, he might hear me even if he was back in hell. Or even if he doesn't, it's still worth a shot.

Lucifer?

My eyes darted across the room, trying to catch any glimpse of the shadow door appearing. Nothing. I hummed, maybe he didn't hear me since hell is pretty far away. Or I would like to think so.

LUCIFER!

I shout his name in my head the best I could before letting out a sigh. This was dumb, how would he even hear me from hell.

"What? Why're you shouting?"

I jumped up and turned to the direction of his voice. There he is. There was a small trace of black smoke floating around him as he came over and sat on the armchair.

"No door?" I asked, it usually doesn't disappear so quickly. I should've seen it. "I didn't go back." He shrugged as he crossed his leg over the other.

"You didn't?"

I was not expecting that, he was so keen on leaving a while ago. He shook his head, "didn't you tell me not to?"

I opened my mouth then shut it again. I didn't think he would be so obedient. "So where were you then?" I asked.

"The bar." He replied and I perked up. I thought he didn't want to go. "You went without me?" I gasped, feeling a little hurt. He's never even drank before, why would he go to the bar alone?

Lucifer ignored me as he pulled out a wooden tray from one of the drawers and set it on the bed. He waved his hand over it a few times before glasses of fancy drinks appeared.

"Everything popular is here." He announced as he presented the tray to me. A smile crept up my face, I can't believe he did this. "And I though you said alcohol was bad?" I teased him and got him to come sit with me on the bed.

"I'll send these back then." He held his hand out over the tray. "No!" I quickly reached out and grabbed his wrist, "we can drink them together."