Chapter XXXII - what will it be

"Lucifer, you're here." Amari welcomed him as he rushed over, definitely looking like he was about to kill her.

She casually walked over to me and my hand moved to reach out towards her. She materialised a black dagger and gave it to me before stepping aside to let Lucifer see.

He was about to come up the steps when he saw me, his eyes full of concern. "Kyra?" He called for me and I tried to tell him that I was being controlled with my eyes but to him it probably just looked like I was going crazy.

My fingers wrapped around the sheath of the dagger and slowly brought the blade up to my neck. My head leaned back slightly, presumably to let Lucifer have a better view of the bit of blood I could feel was dripping down from the wound.

"What are you doing?" He exclaimed as he rushed over to pry the dagger from my grip. But before he could reach me, Amari stopped him. "Another step and she's dead."

Lucifer froze in his spot as I pressed the dagger harder against my throat. I felt tears threaten to fall, I didn't know if they were because of the pain from the dagger or knowing that I was going to lose Lucifer soon and there was nothing I could do about it.

He stood there, glancing between me and Amari. "What do you want?" He asked, turning to glare at her.

"Me? You know what I want." She started to say as she dragged her nails across the armrest of the throne, making a scratching sound. "The question is, what do you want?" She grinned as she dragged her nails down the side of my face.

Lucifer let out a breath, trying to contain his anger. "And before you think to kill me right now, your precious little human here will kill herself unless I undo my spell."

Tears were freely flowing down my cheeks now as I watched Lucifer frown at what he's just been told. He turned to me with a look in his eyes I couldn't really read. Did he know both option would lead to the same outcome? Does he have a plan?

Kill her. I wanted to tell him, because if he doesn't I'm going to lose him. 

"I shouldn't have brought you." He said, he's made a decision. I watched through my tears as he offered me a sad smile before turning back to Amari. "You can have my throne."

I wanted to scream at him, to tell him he was making the wrong choice.

He started to say some words in that other language, his eyes closed shut. Amari was grinning as she watched him.

"Ready to say bye bye?" She asked me in a low voice, her eyes glued to Lucifer. He was transferring his powers, and when it was done, he'll be dead.

And so will I.

This can't be happening. I felt so helpless, I couldn't do anything but cry as I watched the love of my life unknowingly give his life away.

Amari must have pitied me, because I suddenly felt myself regain control of my body. But it was too late now. Lucifer was done. I fell onto my knees, weeping and gasping for my breath as he opened his eyes.

"No!" I cried, shaking my head at him, hoping that maybe somehow he could just reverse what he'd done.

He just stood there, a small smile on his face that didn't go up to his eyes. He waited for me to wipe my tears so that I could see clearly as he mouthed something.

"I love you."

Before I could reply, he held his hand out and the world went black.