Chapter XIV - third time's the charm

We're at the restaurant in half an hour, waiting for Mom and Dad to arrive. Lucifer was sitting beside me, aimlessly flipping through the menu.

"Why are we meeting them again?" He asked. Well, I don't really know either. "I guess they just don't really like you yet."

Lucifer groaned, "they don't have to. I'll be gone in a week." I gave him a nudge on his side as my parents walked in. "But they don't know that." I said in a hushed whisper, waving my parents over.

The moment they sit, the questions started. "So, what did you two do just now?" Mom asked as she opened the menu.

"Nothing much. We just went to the beach and saw the sunset."

"Oh, how lovely. Did you take any photos?" I pulled out my phone and clicked into the album, of course we took pictures. I made Lucifer take some before we started splashing around in the water.

I passed them my phone as Lucifer waved a waiter over. They took their time scrolling through, glancing up at us once in a while.

When the waiter got here, we placed our orders. Mom and Dad both got wine and I was about to get a glass too when Lucifer cut in. "We'll just have soda." With that, the waiter nodded and left.

Hey! I want wine too.

I kicked him from below the table and complained. He didn't even flinch, only shook his head. I think you've had enough for today. Somehow, he sounds so responsible.

I grumbled a little, you just don't want me to get drunk and bail on you again. He had a satisfied grin on his face as he replied, of course.

I rolled my eyes then turned my attention away from him. Mom and Dad were finished with the photos and passed me back my phone. "So, did you two do anything fun?"

Mom shook her head, "no nothing much really. We were just talking about you bringing Lucifer along with you." She cleared her throat, "since he's your first boyfriend."

My eyes flew wide open as I gasped at them. I can't believe she's did that, what does she even want to achieve anyway?

"Really? I didn't know." Lucifer hummed, suddenly very interested in having a conversation with Mom and Dad. No wonder you had to summon me. I heard a snicker following that.

I would really like that glass of wine now.

"I, uh, didn't think it was important." I turned to tell him after giving Mom a glare. She just shrugged and pretended she didn't do that on purpose. "What about you? How many girlfriends have you had?"

I stared at Lucifer with flat smile. "Such a handsome young man like you had probably had tons." Mom added.

Who's side are you on?! Lucifer fired at me, not expecting to be put on the spot like that. He still has to answer though, everyone was waiting. "I, um..."

His eyes darted from Mom to Dad before he cleared his throat and turned to face me. "You're my first too." His lips turned up in a smile but his eyes were pointing daggers at me.

I dropped the smile and narrowed my eyes at him. "You liar." I called him, very much aware of my parents watching the show from opposite the table. Lucifer let out a grumble before he finally spilled the beans.

"I might have had one or two before you, but none of them were serious."

The moment he finished his sentence, Dad cut in. "So you're serious about Kyra?" The correct answer is of course, yes.

Lucifer turned to Dad and opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. Instead, he gave a quick nod and looked down at his plate, avoiding all of our eyes.

So the devil does get shy.

This is so fun. With a slight grin on my face, I reached over to grab Lucifer's hand that was already on the table. "Me too." I said softly, but made sure it was loud enough for Mom and Dad to hear across the table.

For dramatic effect, as Lucifer turned back up to face me, I leaned over and pecked him on the cheek. His eyes widened, staring at me as I pulled away.

We stared into each others eyes, and I hope it looked like we were falling more in love with each other to Mom and Dad.

Why did you do that?

Because, Lucifer was actually shouting at me. So my parents think we like each other? I replied him, a little confused about what I did wrong. Wasn't this the point of dinner tonight and all those other times?

You didn't have to kiss me.

He's still shouting. I really don't get what the big deal is. Why are you freaking out? You kissed me at the airport! Now I'm starting to raise my voice a little too. That was on your forehead. Yea, big difference huh.

So what? Did no one kiss you before? I spit out in the heat of the moment. I see Lucifer flinch just a little, was I right?

"Wait, really no one?"

I didn't mean to say that out loud. I gasped, turning to glance at Mom and Dad. It looked like they didn't hear me and were just finishing their food. Thank god.

I turned back to face Lucifer who looked pretty pissed. "I'm sorry." I whispered as he pulled his hand out from mine.

This conversation was going no where, especially since Mom and Dad were here. I sighed, thinking I would make it up to him later before turning back to them.

"So, what are you guys doing for the rest of the night?" I asked, changing the topic. It looked like they didn't have any plans so, I suggested some. "I think the resort has a spa and massage package, why not go try it out?"

I made eyes at Mom and she got the message to take their leave.

We're finally alone but Lucifer abruptly got up as he said, "I'll go pay." I know this might be an awkward topic, but we still have to talk about it sooner or later.

"Sit down." I take a breath before adding in a softer tone, "please."

Lucifer let out a huge sigh but sat back down anyway. Now what? I didn't think he'd listen. "I'm sorry." I apologised again.

He ignored me and grabbed his cup to finish his drink. "Are you angry?" I sounded so unsure as I asked, slightly tugging at his sleeve to get his attention.

I'm worried because if he decided to leave, it would be hard to explain to everyone and it's actually been quite a fun week with him.

I don't want him to go.

"I'm sorry for overstepping and I'll try to get my parents to stop bothering us." I suggest, trying to ease his anger. All he did was sigh again.

If he's going to be like that, there's nothing I can do. I stand up, making the chair screech against the floor and Lucifer finally turned to look at me.

"I'll go pay and you can be un-mad at me, because I want to get dessert."