Chapter XII - tequila

I smiled at him as he rolled his eyes at me. I wondered if the devil could get drunk.

I scanned the tray of drinks and spot shots of tequila. Even a small tray of salt and lime came with it. We're definitely starting with this. My smile turned into a smirk as I pulled his hand closer to me.

"You'll love this." I giggled as I poured a small pile of salt on the back of his palm. "Okay so, lick, drink then suck." I instructed, pointing to the salt, the shot then the lime.

He looked at the salt on his hand then back up to me, a little reluctant. "Come on, try it. I'll do it after you." I eagerly nodded at him.

He let out a sigh before he went for it.

He licked off the salt and downed the tequila. His face scrunched up as he let out a breath. I chuckled at his reaction and grabbed the lime. "Here, open your mouth."

He did as I said and tilted his head up too. I leaned over and held the lime over his mouth before giving it a light squeeze.

He lowered his head and swallowed, trying not to cough. When he was done, he looked to me with a frown. "You can drink this?"

I chuckled at his reaction, "you don't like it?"

He reached for the salt tray and poured a small pile on the back of his palm like I did. "Your turn." He decided and brought his hand up to my mouth. Oh, I'll show him.

I licked my lips, "watch me."

I grabbed his hand and licked the salt off before downing the shot in one gulp. It's been a while since I had that. Lastly, the lime. I sucked on it and it slid right down.

I looked at Lucifer and wiggled my eyebrows. We moved on to the rest of the drinks and were done by the hour.

"Are you drunk?" I asked as I stared up at the ceiling. We were both lying on the bed, empty glasses on the floor. "No, are you?" He asked me back.

"Nu-uh"

He let out a soft chuckle, "so what do you want to do now?" I hummed as my vision narrowed. The ceiling was growing smaller and smaller. "I, really want to sleep." I mumbled, already drifting off.

But something was buzzing. Lucifer reached over and grabbed my phone off the table, "it's your mother." What great timing.

I didn't move from my spot as I reached for my phone. It really is mom. I cleared my throat before I picked up and put her on speaker. "Hey Mom! Are you calling for something?" I tried to sound as awake as possible.

I let the phone fall off my hand and onto the bed between us. "You're not doing anything now are you?" She asked.

I was getting a bad feeling about this. "Not really, why?" I answered reluctantly. "Goodie, come to the bar. We want to meet your new boyfriend." Immediately after she said that, she hung up, giving me no chance to argue.

I turned sideways to look at Lucifer, who had sat up and was flattening his messy hair. "We're doomed." I told him.

He passed me a bottle of water and shrugged, "how bad could it be?"

We walked out to the bar and spotted them sitting at one of the tables. "There you are." Mom called out to us as we went over and took the seats opposite them.

Dad was already eyeing Lucifer and Mom was just grinning. I did expect them to be interested, since I've never brought a guy home before. But it wasn't a really good time.

"When did you two start dating?" Mom asked first, at least it was a pretty easy question. I told her around the same things I told Leslie a few days ago.

"And you asked him to come?" Dad hasn't taken his eyes off of Lucifer since we walked in. I'm guessing he thinks it was too soon to invite him to a family thing. I slumped in my seat and nodded, "yes Dad. Lucifer is really nice and I think you'll like him."

His eyes narrowed at Lucifer who flashed him a charming smile. Hey are you okay? I hear Lucifer say, hopefully in my head because right now I couldn't tell the difference.

"Huh?" I mumbled, not meaning to actually say that out loud. Lucifer turned to look at me and I gave him a slight nod in return.

I take it back, I might be a little bit drunk.

I rubbed a hand over my eyes, trying to stay alert as they asked another question. "So how did you two meet?" Mom sounded like she was genuinely interested and wanted to get to know Lucifer. And I'm really glad about it but currently, there was nothing in my head.

I stared at her for a good few seconds, not being able to answer. Luckily, Lucifer caught on quickly and jumped in to answer for me. "We met at the mall, had a cup of coffee, then it just happened I guess."

That's not bad for an answer. We're doing pretty well. "Have you kissed yet?" Dad came out with a killer question. Who even asks about these things?

Lucifer froze up and my eyes widened. "Dad?!" I called him but he just kept looking at Lucifer, waiting for an answer.

What do I say? He asked for help as my eyes darted over to Mom, maybe she could get Dad to stop. All she did was give a small shrug then turned to Lucifer for his answer.

What do you say? Uhh, I... I don't know? I told him as I lowered my head and shut my eyes trying to think. I can't think of anything right now. He's on his own.

I heard a grumble before his voice appeared. Why would you drink all of them if you knew you were going to be like this? Oh now he's complaining.

He shook his head in reply to Dad's question as I answered his. Because you got them for me.

Lucifer turned and locked eyes with me as he heard my reply. The corners of my eyes creased a little as I gave him a little nod, prompting him to say something before Dad becomes even more suspicious of him.

"I think we're going to take things slow," Lucifer smiled a little too before he turned back to face Dad and finish his sentence. "Sir."

That was a satisfactory answer, I'm sure. Dad let out a low hum as he leaned back into his chair and I hear Lucifer again. Make them stop.

I giggled a little, I can't really do this anymore either. "Before you ask any more," I paused to let out a yawn, "I'm actually pretty tired."

This wasn't enough to get them to stop, so I stood up, a little too fast, to leave before they could continue. My vision blurred for a second and I wobbled, about to fall back onto the chair.

Luckily, Lucifer saw and quickly got up, holding me steady with an arm around my waist. "You good?" He mumbled to me as I leaned onto him for support. I hummed and he turned back to my parents.

"I'll bring her back to the room." He informed them before pushing the chair away for me to walk out. "It was nice meeting you." He flashed them one last smile and we were out of that bar.

We got back to our room in no time and Lucifer let me fall onto the bed. "Aren't you troublesome." He said and let out a sigh. I could barely keep my eyes open so I let his comment slide.

"Are you going anywhere?" I mumbled and turned over to look at him take a seat on the edge of the bed. "Back to hell?" I didn't know if it was because I was kind of drunk, but that sounded like a question.

And questions have answers.

"Stay..."