Chapter XXVIII - Amari

"Good morning." Lucifer mumbled as Amari let out a yawn. She turned to watch him from atop his chest, smiling down at her as he rubbed the tears from her eyes.

She let out a soft chuckle, "how long have you been watching me?"

Lucifer shook his head as he replied, "not that long." He leaned down, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Go back to sleep love, it's still early."

It was too good to be true, Lucifer should have known the devil couldn't be loved.

That night a sharp piercing pain tore through his body as his eyes flung open. There she was, hovering over him with the only blade that could kill him. "Amari?" He breathed out as his eyebrows scrunched together, maybe this was a dream. "What are you doing?"

He was a fool.

"I'm taking your throne."

All the moments they've shared, the time they've spent together, it was all a lie to get what she wanted. The pain of betrayal pierced through his heart as he watched her raise the knife again.

No, he won't let her get away with this.

He grabbed the blade and pulled it from her grip, drowning out the pain with anger. Reaching for her a second too late and she was gone.

~~

Lucifer shut his eyes when he was finished, like he was trying to forget it all over again. "I..." What was I suppose to say to all that, all that hurt and pain he's bottled up. "I'm sorry."

I moved closer to him,stepping between his legs and pulled his head into my shoulder. I let him slowly fall onto me, his hands going around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug and I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"I'll help you make her pay." I whispered, leaning my cheek onto the top of his head. I was angry at her too, for what she did to him. How dare she hurt him, betray him like that?

A while later, he pulled away. "No."

"What? Why? After everything she's done, don't you want to get back at her?" I asked and Lucifer stared at me as he thought about it. "Of course I do, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since it happened." He sighed.

He reached over and lightly grabbed my hand, "until I met you." My mouth fell open just slightly as I blinked at him. Is this really happening?

"These past few weeks have been the most fun I've had in a really long time, Kyra, and it's all thanks to you." He paused to take in a breath. "That day when I hurt you, I was afraid you'd be terrified of me, like you should be. But you..." Trailing off, he brought his other hand up to my face, gently rubbing his thumb over my cheek.

"You're not that scary." I chuckled, nuzzling into his hand just slightly.

"Whatever we have going on, I don't want to lose it." Lucifer continued, offering me a small smile. "So, no. I won't risk putting you in danger."

"But she-" I tried to argue but Lucifer cut me off, shaking his head. "She's harmless without the blade, it'll be okay." I guess that settles it then. There's just one last thing I have to say.

"I don't want to lose whatever we have too."