Chapter VIII - lounge

A few days later was the day of our flight. We were at the airport even before the sun came up and Lucifer couldn't stop complaining.

"Why do I even need to be here?" He grumbled, "I can teleport there in seconds."

He hasn't shut up since we got there, even when we were checking our luggage in. Now, we were sitting in the relatively empty first class lounge and I was hoping to get some more sleep.

"Lucifer." I mumbled, barely able to keep my eyes open. The sofa was rather cozy and the temperature of the room was just nice. But obviously, he didn't hear me and continued on with his endless complaints.

"What's the point of wasting a few hours sitting here just to get to the Bahamas?"

I sighed, sitting here for a few hours was the only way we were going to get anywhere. But I can't be listening to him the whole time.

"Lucifer..." I said, dragging out each syllable and finally getting his attention. He turned to me with knitted brows like I was interrupting something important. "What?" He asked.

"Shhhh"

I looked up at him with drowsy eyes, it's too early in the morning for me. He stared at me for a moment before he took a sharp breath. "Is there something wrong with you?"

My mouth fell open as I tried to come up with something to say but no words came out. "Why are you so quiet?" He continued.

I shook my head and sighed, "I'm just sleepy."

My eyes drift away from his and were going to close. His shoulder was looking pretty comfortable to lie on right about now.

"Let me sleep for a bit." I mumbled before scooting over and putting my head down on his shoulder. It lasted for only a second before he flinched away, making me straighten back up.

"What are you doing?" He demanded but I couldn't care less about his tone. I just really wanted to sleep.

I moved back closer to him and laid back down on his shoulder again. "Just don't move," I instructed him and tried to get comfortable. Lucifer didn't really like the idea of me sleeping on him and he kept shifting every few seconds.

But after a while, he relaxed and just let me be. Slowly, I shifted all of my weight onto him and was drifting to sleep when his voice appeared.

Your sister's here.

I was conscious again. Without bothering to open my eyes or moving from my spot, I asked "What? Where?"

"She's walking over with Caleb."

I hummed, that was fine, it was just the two of them. I didn't need to be awake for this. "Just smile and make them go away nicely." I told him and got a grunt in return.

A moment later, I heard Leslie's voice. She's always been perky and cheerful in the morning, the exact opposite of me. "Hey you two." She greeted us full of energy.

"How's it going?" Caleb said, sounding much less awake than her. I guess he's not that much of a morning person either.

Lucifer chuckled as he replied them but he was careful not to shift his shoulder too much. "I was going to introduce you to everybody, but I don't think you'll be going anywhere for a while huh?" Leslie commented.

She was obviously talking about me. Lucifer hummed and I felt a hand tuck strands of my hair behind my ear. Who's doing that? I asked, trying my best not to flinch away.

All of a sudden, I could feel someone's breath on the top of my head too. It's me. He replied just as he rubbed a finger over my cheek.

"Yea, she's not going to be waking up anytime soon." I could feel the low hum in his voice as he spoke, "But, uh, I'll go meet them later before we board."

After that sentence, Lucifer removed his hand and it was quiet for a while until I heard Lucifer's voice in my head again. They're going. How nice of him to tell me.

I peeked my eyes open and watched them leave. That was way easier than I thought it would be. "You did great." I smiled.

Lucifer looked down at me, "you're not sleepy anymore?"

I shook my head slightly, "you're just really comfy." He made a face at me but didn't move away. "So who am I meeting?"

I might have forgot to tell him about that. "Oh, it's no one." Even I thought I sounded a little too fake. "Just some of Leslie's friends, Caleb's friends and," I let out a sigh. "My parents."

He let out a scoff-like sound. "Right. Don't you think you should've mentioned it earlier?"

"No...?" My reply sounded more like a question than a statement. "It'll be fine. You can just smile and wave." I suggested as I tilted my head up to look at him.

He frowned. But before he could argue, I quickly changed the subject. "Let's go get coffee." I hopped up and declared. Coffee sounded great.

Grabbing Lucifer, I pulled him up to his feet and over to the counter. I ordered two cups and we took a seat, watching the barista make our drinks when someone called out my name.

I recognised that voice, but this wasn't the best timing. Oh no. Lucifer turned and raised an eyebrow at me. What? Who is it?

I pursed my lips and grimaced, "it's my mother."

Right on cue, she appeared behind us and reached her arms around me, wrapping me in a tight hug. "Mom, hi!" I tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible as I gave her arm a pat.

When she finally let go, I turned around in my chair to face her. Dad was there too, just a few steps behind.

"How are you doing?" I asked, but she wasn't paying attention to me anymore. She was eyeing Lucifer. Hey, turn around. I told him and reached over to pat his arm.

"Mom, Dad, this is Lucifer."

He turned in his chair and gave a nod. "Oh my, what a handsome guy." Mom commented. My eyes widened in shock, I forgot she just said anything that came to mind. "Mom!"

Lucifer chuckled. "It's nice to meet you. And, you look very beautiful yourself." He throws in a compliment, what a smooth talker. Mom looked like she was impressed.

"Why thank you-" She replied but I cut her off before more compliments spewed out. "I haven't told you but he's my date to the wedding."

Dad wasn't very interested in our conversation until a second ago. "Date?" He started to say, "he's your boyfriend? Why didn't you tell us?"

He immediately looked to Lucifer and narrowed his eyes. He's the protective type. Lucifer turned to him and smiled, "nice to meet you."

Sir! Say sir.

"...sir." Lucifer reluctantly added. I remember Caleb calling Dad that the first time they met and Dad was pretty pleased.

"What are your intentions with my daughter?" He demanded. If he was pleased, he wasn't showing it. My eyes widened again, what is happening today.

"Dad!"

He had no intention of backing down though. I'm so sorry. I told Lucifer, which was just about as much as I could do.

You better be.

"Only good intentions, sir." Lucifer smiled, "I want her to be happy."

That was the most perfect reply, even I was a little shocked. After which, Lucifer got out of his seat and offered it to Dad. He gave him his coffee too.

As Dad reluctantly sat down and took the drink, I did the same for Mom. "You guys enjoy. We're going to shop around for a bit, see you later."