4

"They're picking her up now?" Mikey asked, chair facing his window as he toyed with the gun in his hand.

"Yes sir. She's cooperating." Takeomi informed the man. Mikey hummed and Takeomi left.

"(Y/n L/n)." Mikey toyed with the name before spinning around in his chair to look at the file Kokonoi had put together. "'Twenty-four. Lives alone. Medical degree. Criminal records in theft, arson and manslaughter under the name of self-defence. No time in jail, time in an asylum: four months.' Interesting." He continued skipping through information, spinning around and around in his chair. 

"Hey boss? She's here." It was Mochi this time, poking his head in and telling Mikey. In his chair, he nodded.

"Bring her in when she's settled down. I..." he look up at the ceiling, losing his train of thought. "Don't wish to overwhelm her."

"Okay." Mochi nodded before racing off to the elevator, wanting to see the newest member of the staff. Living quarters took up the top three stories, offices just below them to help separate home to work life although most of them men found that line trampled over and tossed aside.

He entered the living area, fixing his tie and looking around. "Where is she?" He asked, not seeing anyone new around.

Kakucho looked up, before nodding his head up to indicate she was upstairs. "In her room."

————————

Walking through that building was intimidating. You knew that this was where a lot of bad stuff happened. It however, had a rich interior, it was clean, with marbled floors, high ceilings and chandeliers, leaving you in awe. Kokonoi silently led you into an elevator with a glass door, so you could look out onto Tokyo as you went flying up stories.

Kakucho, Ran and Sanzu had been left behind for the tour and you couldn't help but be relieved.

"All of our offices are on this floor. Just look for name plaques. Ran's is the pure gold on and Sanzu's is encrusted in diamonds." Kokonoi spoke with obvious disappointment. You huffed in amusement, before making a face upon realising just how rich you'd have to be to do that.

"Are they insane?"  You made a face and asked.

Kokonoi sighed before nodding. "Yes. Most of them are. Anyways your clinic is the floor below, you can check it out later." Then onto the next level.

"This is the living quarters. We have the kitchen, dining, living room and a room of random junk the others have blown their money on but don't want in their rooms." He waved a hand around, and even though you could only see the lounge and kitchen it was spacious and almost impersonal. There was no sort of decoration and everything seemed dull and bleak.

"The next two floors are our rooms. Yours is on the second, next to Mikey's and Takeomi's and across from Kakucho's and mine. The others are the floor below us." Kokonoi finished explaining as the elevator dinged. He stepped out onto the hardwood flooring and led you to a door with a simple plaque with your name on it. "I'll leave you to get settled in."  He spoke before leaving you.

"Uh, Kokonoi?" You called out after him and he turned with a flash of silver. "Thank you." He nodded and walked off. You entered your room with a deep inhale. And it was strangely perfect. Completely to your tastes, decorated and clean. Your eyes widened, and you looked around. All your clothes had been put away neatly which seemed kind of embarrassing and all your trinkets sat in a box.

It felt like some strange fever dream. You wandered around, poking your head into the bathroom, thankful that you had your own.

"Do you like it?" A voice asked, startling you. You whipped your head around to look to the door where a short silver haired male stood, clad in black with no shoes on. His face was pretty and somehow seemed young but old at the same time, the dark circles under his eyes carried years of emotional baggage.

You caught yourself staring and you smiled apologetically. "Sorry, yeah! It's perfect." He nodded and stepped into the room.  He sat down on your bed, observing you closely.

You stood nervously, his dark eyes boring into you.

"Good. I designed it for you." He told you. You were a little surprised but instead sat down beside him.

"Thank you. It's actually perfect, thank you." You smiled. He leant in, staring at you which immediately made you feel self-conscious.

"I'm glad you like it. Thank you for coming easily." He spoke. You felt like you should be intimidated in his presence but instead you felt strangely comfortable.

"Um is it okay for me to ask why I'm here? I wasn't told much," You asked hesitantly. He stared at you, lifting a strand of hair from your face.

"You don't have to do anything except look after the rest of them." He told you, evidently referring to the men you had met previously.

"Look after?" You asked. As far as you knew, they were grown men, fully capable of looking after themselves.

"Yeah, patch em up after they mess up, cook for em, don't really worry about cleaning, Koko will get someone for that." He waved a hand around. You stared at him, dumbfounded.

"You want me to babysit?" You reiterated and he made a face before nodding.

"I suppose." Was the only response you got. Scrunching up your nose, Mikey scrutinised you before cupping your cheek in one of his calloused hands.

"Just behave and do your job and everything and you'll be fine." He told you as he patted your cheek before exiting, leaving you in a bit of a daze.

His eyes were cold and empty. It was rather unsettling and left you with goosebumps.

"Was that a threat?" You murmured to yourself as you touched the cheek he had been cupping.

"Was what a threat?" You asked yourself only for someone else to give a response.

"Was what a threat, darling?" Ran poked his head in with a lazy smile. You shrieked and without thinking, took your shoe off at threw it at him. "Ouch!"

"Haven't you people heard of knocking?" You swore and Ran chuckled out an apology.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see if you wanted to make breakfast or we were ordering it. Or having cereal crumbs." You deadpanned before getting off your bed with a soft groan.

"I suppose it's my job to, right?" You grimaced and padded out after him. "What do you have in the fridge?"

"Oh."