45

"Are you sure it's okay to try and wake them up?" You asked Kakucho, tugging gently at his sleeve. He internally blushed, finding you incredibly attractive and your mannerisms utterly adorable in that moment.

He nodded and cleared his throat. "It'll be alright." You nodded and grabbed his arm as he opened the door to Mikey's dark room. He flipped on the light switch, causing the lump under the blanket to stir. "You want me to...?" Kakucho asked.

"I'll be okay." You responded, the unsureness radiating from the man. You squeezed his hand and walked over to the bed, bending slightly to push hair from Mikey's forehead. "Mikey." You whispered softly, eliciting a quiet groan. "Time to get up."

He rolled away from you, mumbling words.

"Mikey." You called a little louder, gently tapping his cheek. "Let's go get dinner."

"No." He spoke into his pillow.

"We can get you something sweet after."

"Mm?"

"Yeah, we'll go get dessert."

"(Y/n)?" He opened an eye and peered up at you before jolting upwards, latching onto you. He pressed his face into the crook of your neck, breathing in deeply. "I'm so sorry."

You nodded and rubbed his back. "That's alright Mikey. Do you want to have a shower quickly?"

He hummed in approval but made no attempt to move. Kakucho caught your glance and he went to run a bath quickly for the man.

"How are you feeling?" You asked softly, combing through his hair with your fingers.

"Mm." He hummed, "sleepy."

"Yeah? Sorry baby but you gotta eat. It'll be fun." You spoke as you would to a child as you often did to him and he nodded.

"Bath's ready." Kakucho stepped out, hand towel drying off bubbles from his forearms.

You shook Mikey gently to try and get him off but he just tightened his grip. "Okay." You shifted so you could pick him up as he clung to your body. You sat him down on the bathtub and pried him away to see his eyes red and puffy. "Oh." Your eyebrows tented as you gently brushed over his cheek. "Why were you crying?"

"I hurt you." His eyes glanced down to your bruising wrist.

"I'm okay Mikey. It's okay. You've gotta have your bath now." He nodded hesitantly and you turned to leave. "I'll hang your clothes up soon."

You closed the door behind you and looked at Kakucho before folding over and resting your hands on your knees and retching.

"You okay?" Kakucho rubbed your back. You nodded, panting slightly.

"He makes me sick."

"You should've pursued an acting career." Kakucho mused, supporting you with a hand on your waist. "He's had suits packed. Should be in the wardrobe." You glanced over and made your way over with him.

"Burgundy or navy?" You asked sarcastically. Kakucho looked at the black wardrobe with a snicker before grabbing out a suit at random. "Midnight it is."

He rolled his eyes with an amused smile and looked to see you sporting the same expression.

He liked when you smiled. He liked the way your eyes creased and nose scrunched when you smiled with your teeth, forgetting your more practiced smile. He thought that's when you were most beautiful.

He thought that was when Izana shone the brightest. When there was genuine joy behind his smile, not just sadistic, manic craze. He lost his friend and he wasn't sure if he could lose you too.