33

"I wanna go out." You huffed, flopping on the counter, placing a hand under your cheek as to cushion a fully formed bruise. There had been a pressure on your chest recently, a pressing anxiety and you felt the need to get out of your prison.

Kakucho who had been sidelined and stuck home with you hummed, adjusting his reading glasses as he looked over the papers in his hands.

You stared at him with a frown. He had been colder and more distanced ever since he woke up two days ago. "Kakucho, are you alright?"

"Yeah, thanks." He nodded but was still fixated on his work.

"Okay." You drew the word out, turning away. "I'm going to make some food for Koko. Do you want something?"

"Hmm? No thank you." He answered and you walked away to make some snacks.

Ten minutes you found yourself at the door of Kokonoi's office. "Koko, I have food for you."

"Come in."

You did so, entering and placing the plate on his desk, picking up the empty one that you had brought up earlier.

Kokonoi swore under his breath, frowning as he peered through his glasses at the desktop screen.

"Everything alright?" You asked, peering over his shoulder and holding out a triangular piece of a sandwich for him. He bit into it, eyes on the screen.

"The accounting numbers aren't adding up." He grumbled, furiously clicking at the excel document. You wrinkled your nose and leant in closer, hovering over his shoulder.

"What's up?"

"Just going over the accrued revenue, expenses and stuff." He mumbled, again biting into the sandwich you were holding.

"Oh." You hummed as you scanned over the numbers. "Oh here." You pointed, the tip of your nail on the number. "The groceries that day was ¥22000."

"How'd you remember that?" He asked, tapping in the number and letting out a relieved exclamation when the document added everything up. "It balanced."

"I've been keeping receipts and stuff, how'd you get it wrong?" You asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"It's been really stressful." He replied without any of his normal sass, making you frown.

"What's really stressful?"

"Everything. And the added factor of Hanma and Kurahikari and you." He sighed, leaning back and looking up at you. "You've been a real headache, you know?

You murmured an apology. "You know it's not my choice to be here."

"I know. But Mikey won't let you go now. You've become too important to him." He reached up to poke the underside of your jaw.

"I'm sure we can work it out peacefully. Like I can come back and work but still be... free." You suggested. Kokonoi shook his head.

"You know that won't happen." He sung, "Mikey likes you a little too much. You're not going anywhere."

"Which causes trouble with Kurahikari cause Hanma and my brother feel entitled to helping me." You added. "What if I try to tell them that it's okay?"

"Is it okay?" Kokonoi raised a brow elegantly and you shifted, the light hitting his eyes and making the cold black shimmer. "Is it really okay?"

You furrowed your brow, flopping down on his desk delicately as to not mess up the papers. "It's not ideal. But if it stops any conflict, I'll do it. It's not all that bad. You guys are alright." Letting out a heavy exhale you turned to look at him with a playful grin. "Besides, you all like me too much."