6

After the situation with breakfast you were permitted to sleep in the clinic, which was set up very similarly to your old one apart from the fact that there was an extremely comfortable couch there for you to nap on.

You'd get up if someone needed something or ideally at half past twelve to start making lunch.

"(Y/n)?" Someone interrupted your precious slumber, a small groan left your body as you lifted yourself to look. Kakucho hovered hesitantly by the door. "Are you making lunch or are we ordering it?"

You mumbled to yourself about useless, lazy people as you dragged yourself from your comfy sofa and trudged to the elevator, Kakucho following behind you. In the kitchen, you set about preparing things so people could assemble their burgers how they liked them; it made it a bit easier for you.

With everything prepared on the kitchen bench, Kakucho called in the others and they filed in, making their burgers and sitting down to eat while thanking you.

"God I hope everyday won't be like this." You muttered as you entered the elevator.

Mikey's door was opened and you found him laying on his couch. Your eyes widened and you placed his plate down quietly before turning to leave.

"I didn't dismiss you." His voice was rough and husky.

"Sorry, I thought you were sleeping." You whispered and sat down across from him. He say up slowly, the bags under his eyes somehow darker than they were a few hours ago.

"Sleeping is difficult these days. As is eating." He muttered, more to himself as he took a bite of his burger and nodding. "Good food."

You stared at the male curiously as he ate, absentmindedly picking at your own burger. You were halfway through it when you realised Mikey had finished.

"When was the last time you slept?" You asked out of genuine concern for the man.

"I get like naps through out the week. I slept for an hour two nights ago." He shrugged, shoulders slumped in a way that made him seem so small and weakened.

"Do you have anything that helps?" You questioned, in doctor mode. He just sighed and shook his head again. "Well can we try something then?"

Mikey looked you curiously and you gestured for him to sit beside you.

"When my parents were fighting, my brother wouldn't be able to sleep so he'd lay his head on my lap." You told him, carefully guiding his head onto the cushion you placed on your lap. He shifted, getting more comfortable as he looked up at you, his white hair framing his pale face. Your fingers gently massaged his scalp as you hummed a lullaby.

His eyelashes fluttered closed. You took in his relaxed features with a soft smile. He looked so delicate and perfect, like he was carved from marble by the gods. And so you sat, the man sleeping in your lap until you fell asleep as well.

—————————

When you awoke, it was dark and there was whispering.

"Holy crap what's happening?" Ran whisper shouted with a chuckle.

"Dude shut up or they'll wake up." Rindo hissed, slapping his older brother.

"And he'll skin you alive." Sanzu added.

Kakucho and Koko stood back with folded arms as Takeomi and Mochi were nowhere to be seen.

You fully opened your eyes and groaned.

"Shut up or you'll wake him up." You snarled like a momma bear.