21

"Doll, you dressed?" Sanzu knocked on your door rather impatiently. He heard no reply and he groaned, thoroughly annoyed, before barging in.

You were still asleep, swaddled in your blankets.

"Get up!" He picked up one of your slippers and began wacking you with it. You squirmed, awake and trying to flee.

"Morning Sanzu." Kokonoi waved a hand and Sanzu stopped his assault to wave back.

"Hey Koko."

He went back to hitting you.

"Get up!"

"Alright alright I will!" You croaked, tossing your blankets aside and holding your hands in front of your face.  He paused, staring down at you before grinning.

"You know what? I think you might really need your beauty sleep." He turned and walked away. "I'll be back in an hour, hopefully that helps."

"Little no good, pinky-pie wannabe." You cursed him out under your breath.

He opened the door slightly, poking his head through to say, "I heard that," before walking away.

Grumbling, you pulled yourself out of bed and headed for the bathroom. Showered, dressed and ready for the day, you made your way downstairs to the kitchen.

The scene was empty except for Mikey who was sitting on the couch. You cringed and looked around before trying to enter silently.

"Good morning." He called, eyes steadily trained on the tv where some deep sea documentary was being shown.

You stumbled, before cautiously replying. "Yeah."

You went ahead, tying your apron on and flipping through the notebook on the counter.

It was where the men wrote their preferences, how they liked their eggs, meat, coffee or tea and everything else.

"What are we having?" Mikey had spawned in on a stool in front of you.

Flinching, you took a deep breath to compose yourself. "What would you like?"'

"Crepes." He answered, resting his head on his arms, face tilted so he could still watch you.

You flipped through to find the favorite toppings and went to work.

Humming to yourself as you flipped crepes, you caught a glimpse of a pale hand reaching towards the strawberries. Without thinking, you smacked it away with your spatula.

Mikey huffed, a small pout on his lips before he completely retracted his hand.

"I'm hungry." He complained. With your back to him, you rolled your eyes and replied.

"You can wait."

It was quiet for a minute before he spoke up again.

"Dinner was really good last night."

"I'm glad."  You answered curtly. 

It was silent again. When you turned to start plating up, you ignored him and finished up breakfast.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, stopping you in your tracks. You turned to look at him.

"What?"

"For listening to Sanzu. And just being a jerk. It wasn't fair on you."

You nodded, turning back to the plates of food you had placed on the counter before paging the men who were working.

A second later, you got a call from Sanzu.