40

You sat on your balcony that over looked the ocean as Mochi entered your room with a cup of tea, sitting on the couch beside you as he wrapped a blanket around you.

"You okay sweetheart?" He asked and there was the faint scent of coconut lingering in the air around him. He handed you them cup tea and you raised it to your lips to take a tiny, scalding sip.

"You smell nice."

"The coconut?" He asked and you nodded, "I'm just getting into that tropical vibe."

"Mm." You hummed, eyes watching the rising sun. You had missed the sunrise but you could still see the colors of it being chased away by the rising sun. They two of you sat silently as you sipped on your tea. The others must've still been asleep as it was quiet throughout the house.

"You wanna go out for breakfast?" Mochi asked eventually as you finished your tea.

You gave him a tired look but he could see the dread in your eyes.

"Just us? We can have fun just the two of us." He offered and you nodded. "Great. Let me know when you're ready."

And he left you with a soft pat on your head and took away the empty tea cup from your hands.

You slowly got up, stretching out your limbs and padding back into your room. Finding something suitable to wear, you got ready, packing a beach bag before wandering downstairs.

Last night had gone by with you sitting on the floor in your room with Kakucho, Kokonoi, Rindou and Mochi with wine and gourmet pizzas. There was chatter and and laughter but it all felt forced. But you appreciated their effort nonetheless.

Mikey lingered in your mind, his hard cold grip and his hissing words. You didn't want to be here. It didn't matter that you were living in luxury in Hawaii. You wanted to be back home in a pillow fort with Baji and Kazutora, giggling over a comic as you snacked on freshly baked cookies Auntie had made.

Or even back with Hanma, teasing you over your kitchen counter as you hurled insults at him with a grin on your face.

Or with your ex-boyfriend who you were never quite sure of why you ever dated or why you ever broke up. His little brother and sister who made dating him worth it. He wasn't all that bad though. He was caring and kind despite how harsh he seemed. But you found yourself missing him too.

You found yourself missing everywhere, everything and everyone else.

But the soft gaze of Mochi as he took your bag off you and escorted you to the car was calming and you allowed yourself to just go with the flow of the day, hoping nothing would go wrong.

Mochi took you somewhere where the food was almost as good as the view of the cerulean ocean.

He was sweet and attentive, holding a light conversation with you, holding your hand as you walked through the markets, a coconut in hand as he used the other hand to carry your bag.

"Can we get bracelets and anklets?" You asked, tracing a dolphin charm on said piece of jewellery.

"You can get whatever you'd like." He smiled softly. You hummed and picked out a few multipurpose bracelets,  one for you, one for Mochi and one for Kakucho. But you stopped and looked at Mochi who was talking with a man, the two of them laughing when Mochi glanced at you with a smile that grew upon making eye contact.

You continued to pick out anklets until you had one for every member of Bonten and one for your brother.

"Where do you want to go now?" He sidled up beside you, looking down at what you had chosen.