38

The screeching was just Kokonoi, as expected, and you waited at the bottom of the stairs for it to die down.

"No! You will not be doing drugs inside the house! Go find some stank club or something!" He screamed.

"I don't want to Elsa! Why don't you-" Followed by a string of curses and offensive names retorted Sanzu.

"Hey Angel." Ran whispered, his breath tickling your neck as you yelped in surprise, flinging a hand back to slap him in the face. "Ouch!"

"You'd think you would've learnt not to startle me by now." You breathed heavily, hand on your chest as you tried to calm your heart.

Ran just snickered. "Anyways, forget those two, there's more drama happening over here." He crept away, turning back to beckon for you to follow him. You hesitated before your curiosity got the better of you. You found yourself in the foyer, looking out of the stained glass window in the door at Mikey, Kakucho and Takeomi standing around. It was blurry but easy to make out their figures and voices.

"I thought he was supposed to be out in three months." Takeomi's voice spoke.

"It doesn't matter what you thought, you were wrong." Was Mikey's response.

"They can't have had too much of a head start." Takeomi tried again in an almost placating tone.

"I don't know," Kakucho murmured and you had to strain your hearing to listen, "Hanma is pretty cunning underneath that whole aloof kind of mask. He's cutthroat and a lot smarter than he's given credit for."

You huffed, nodding to yourself. Hanma was a piece of work.

Ran watched your reactions change until you finally realised what they were talking about.

"Oh crap, Tora's out?" You muttered to yourself, biting your lip. That was problematic. You were hoping that you'd at least be able to talk to him before he was out so you could potentially diffuse the situation. You definitely would not be able to talk to him if he was out and free to do as he pleases. Despite your predicament, you didn't really want anyone to get hurt. A string of breathed curses left your mouth as you felt yourself get light headed, the world spinning as you fell into a rabbit hole of grim possibilities.

"Breathe angel. Breathe." Ran whispered, running a hand along your back comfortingly. But you stiffened, breath catching in surprise. But it effectively cut off your minor spiralling. "You good?"

"Yeah. Sorry." You stuttered, exhaling deeply.

"Anyways, let's go inside. Kokonoi's screeching has died down." You heard Takeomi suggest and the figures approached.

Thinking quick, Ran grasped your arm and pulled you away, back into the kitchen area where Kokonoi was tapping away on his phone, a glass of water dripping condensation onto the marble counter. He looked up, "Have you chosen your rooms? The locked one is mine. Sanzu's sleeping on the couch."

You stifled a snicker and Sanzu approached from the corner. "What's so funny about that, bitch?" He snarled.

Ran took a step forward, shifting you away before Mikey spoke up from behind you. "You'll be going back to Japan on a economy class ticket if you don't behave."

Everyone stood still, in a silent standoff until Mochi and Rindou came downstairs. "Are we going to the beach yet?" Rindou asked, having already changed to a more casual and light outfit.

"(Y/n) has to go shopping." Mochi recalled, looking to you and you nodded, stepping away from Ran.

"I mean yeah, I didn't really have a swimsuit to bring so going to buy one would be nice." You said, "but I mean, not everyone has to come with, right? Just enough that you won't be worried that I run away."