16

"No I don't like that." Kokonoi complained about the fourth outfit you had tried on. You were still at the stage of choosing your own clothes and your audience was not the most supportive.

"We're shopping for her, not you." Interjected Rindou before he turned to you. "But that isn't it."

You narrowed your eyes an turned to Mochi and Kakucho. Mochi threw his hands up in resignation. "I mean it's not the most flattering."

"Is it comfortable?" Kakucho asked, leaning his head onto his hand. You nodded. "Then get it."

"Thank you." You threw your hands up and walked back to the changing room.

"Well it's working." Kokonoi groaned and slumped further into the couch.

"Hmm?" Rindou hummed, not looking up from his phone.

"What Mikey said?" Mochi clarified and Kokonoi nodded.

Kakucho sat on his armchair pensively. "Does he really believe she has ties with Kurahikari?"

Mochi shrugged. "Look, I honestly don't think so. She could've just known Hanma from the past. She is Kazutora's sister."

"Yeah." Rindou drawled, "But what if she's like her brother? Y'know," his voice took on a mocking tone, "It's all Mikey's fault! I have to kill Mikey!"

"She was in an asylum." Kokonoi pointed out. "And she killed her dad."

"That's another level of daddy issues." Rindou snickered, earning two pointed looks. Kokonoi was amused.

"I can hear everything you're saying." You stepped out in another outfit, this one more suited to work.

Kokonoi held up his mini whiteboard with a '6' scrawled onto it.

"So basically like an eight." Mochi clarified, reading the board. Rindou nodded and Kakucho shrugged.

"There's the pile of clothes we picked out for you." Kakucho pointed to a tower of clothing. You sighed, gathering the clothes in your arms and taking them back into the changing room. You stuck your head out a second later.

"I don't have any ties to Kurahikari."

"How do you know Hanma then?" Kokonoi shouted.

Your voice, muffled, replied "I patched him up once. He started following me like a lost puppy afterwards."

The men outside looked at each other.

"Did you know he had ties to your brother?" Rindou asked.

"Valhalla?" You poked your head out again, brows furrowed. "Also who chucked this in?" You threw out a bundled ball of fabric that unravelled and revealed a piece of lingerie. All the men looked around at each other with looks of shock. You sighed and rolled your eyes before continuing trying on clothing.

You exited each time you tried on something new, getting feedback from your audience. It wasn't the least pleasant thing you could be doing while living with criminals but you knew there was an underlying intention. While you weren't entirely sure, you had a good idea of why.

After another thirty minutes you were on some of your last outfits.

You stepped into a flattering dress, in a color that complimented your skin. You hummed, looking yourself in the mirror, admiring yourself before walking out.

A breathless "Oh." left Kakucho's lips as he regarded you with his face in his hand, eyes peering out through his fingers.

"Gorgeous!" Mochi exclaimed with a clap and excited grin. His reaction made you bashful and you laughed nervously.

Kokonoi nodded pensively. "One moment." He spoke before rushing off.

"Very hot, would look again." Rindou gave you a thumbs up without looking up from his phone.

You snickered slightly with a shake of your head. A shout from the back of the store startled you before Kokonoi walked back over, a worker carrying boxes upon boxes of shoes.

"Here." Kokonoi plucked a box from the pile, causing some of them to tumble and the worker to become panicked. Ignoring the boy, Kokonoi approached you, holding open the box. You peered in, the shoes looking like they'd perfectly match the dress you were wearing.

"Oh wow." You picked them up before looking at Kokonoi.

"I'm pretty great." Kokonoi stuck his tongue out. "It should be your size."

You tried them on, standing up and taking a few steps. "They're perfect." You remarked, slightly surprised.

Then a camera shutter went off, followed by a small mutter of a curse from Rindou. He looked up, making eye contact with you before he averting his gaze.

"You look good, okay?" He muttered breathlessly. You blinked.

"I'm hungry!" You announced, retreating to the dressing room get changed into your own clothes and avoid further awkward situations.

"Oh thank God!" You hear Mochi exclaim. The rest of the moved about while you got dressed. You stepped back out to find all the clothing and shoes gone.

"We had them taken to the cars." Kokonoi explains upon seeing your slightly confused expression. You nodded and followed them out the store.

"What do you want to eat, sweetheart?" Mochi asked, turning back slightly to look at you.

You pondered for a moment, debating your options. You announced your favourite food with a grin and Mochi nodded, googling the closest place.

"Oh can we pick up some plants or something?" You asked Kakucho who was standing to your left. He stared at you.

"Why? They just die." He made a face.

"Everything does." Rindou chimed in. Kokonoi nodded.

"The only thing that matters is money." The white haired man said with a hair flick.

Ignoring him, you continued. "The building is really... gloomy. I want to spruce it up a bit. Oh and redo the top area."

"Wow you're really settling in." Rindou made a face. "Thought you'd still be apprehensive about staying with us."

You stopped for a moment. "I am. But I have a feeling I'm not going anywhere for a long time, so I might as well make it as comfortable as I can."

"There are times I wonder if she forgets we're murderers." Kokonoi whispered loudly.

"Okay let's go get food." Mochi announced, ushering everyone to where the cars were parked. "We'll get whatever else you want after, okay sweetheart?"

So after lunch, feeling content and full, you walked around a homeware store with a drink in hand. You picked up plants and flowers and seeds you thought were pretty.

You didn't have too much experience with growing plants as your childhood didn't exactly leave time for it, but you were able to grow herbs in your old apartment kitchen.

Using google to help you, you collected a selection of beneficial plants. Kakucho followed behind you with a shopping trolley.

"Kakucho." You called for his attention. He hummed for you to continue. "Should I have a color scheme for flowers or just bright colors?"

Kakucho stared at you blankly.

He found it strange how you were able to just push the whole thing that happened with your brother out of your mind. And there you were, asking about the colors of flowers without a care in the world.

"Bright colors." He answered after a long consideration.

You nodded. "Messy but pretty." Picking out seeds and flowers you continued to mutter to yourself. "Delphinium?"