Chapter 80

Chapter 80

"For the last time, Mizuchi," her mother told her firmly. "I am doing this for your own good. I don't mind if you become friends with that bat but loving him? I have to destroy that before you even- Mizuchi, stop crying! A grown lady should not cry like a child!"

But the young harlequin rabbit's eyes were hot with tears streaming down her face, both of her arms were crossed as if to protect herself. She really can't believe her mother would say all of this to her. A mother should at least try to understand her daughter's point of view before jumping into conclusion.

She has no one in the family to talk about this kind of situation she is in!

Her mother, sat next to her on the bed, her paw on her daughter's shoulder. "I just want you to broaden your horizons over the animals you interact with. You are now a university student so act like one. As harlequin rabbits, we must have some self-dignity or else you're nothing but easy prey rather than a priceless species."

"But mom, Arthur-"

"Is not right for you! A blind, penniless animal without a proper job cannot contribute anything in this society. I'm doing the right thing because I love you, Mizuchi. I expect you to forget him the minute you begin your semester. Is that understood?"

'How dare she....Seriously, how dare she?!?!'

Mizuchi wiped her tears, nodding at her mother with an air of grace she has carried whenever she is at Cherryton. She was not going to let her mother get the best of her when she had already planned ahead:

Study and get her apprenticeship at her accepted university, thus making a living for herself so that she could remove herself from this neurotic environment.

Once her mother left her room, Mizuchi allowed her tears to resume their flow. Her heart was pounding while her mind only thought of the Honduran white bat that entered her life, opened her heart to new opportunity and view the world from his cloudy blue eyes.

How ironic that a blind bat has helped opened hers?

Riley and Tanya were also getting ready to attend the courses at their chosen universities. No matter what new life is in store for them, the trio will try their best to meet up. For now, she was busy making something for Arthur to present to him as a gift.

A sudden kiss in the morning, a tender gaze in the evening 

Beyond my range of comprehension until you brought to attention

 Greetings always followed by sweet goodbyes, yes, all must meet its end 

Baby, can't you just relax? Don't look back, don't hurry! 

The song playing from her phone somehow knew what she was feeling when she decided to turn on some music while working. Sure, her parents would arrange her with another harlequin buck or convince Genji to get back since his parents are friends with hers.

'I'm coming, Arthur,' Mizuchi thought to herself, drawing the design for Arthur's top while a biology book was opened to be use as reference for the types of animals she wants to design her fashions for.

...

The next day, the trial continued with Arthur feeling a bit more confident after playing his heart out at the hospital. Of course, there were a few nurses and doctors that told him to tone him down to which he decided to play it outside at the window.