Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"The texture is so soft!" Arthur squeaked excitedly when he felt up the present.  He nuzzled it, feeling the warmth of the material before hugging it. "I must try it on."

"Okay."

Arthur decided to change in the bathroom since it's not decent to be changing in front of other animals. The sweater was comfortable and breezy, better than the stuffy ones he had tried on back at his old home due to his fluffy fur. Now, he can't tell if his clothes had a graphic print or not which he shyly had to asked the sales worker about it when he had to buy new clothes with his father. If he was around, it was no problem for him so long as the clothes let him breathe easily.

"Hmmm, this feels snugged," Arthur commented to himself before doing some stretches to try it out. How thoughtful that the sweater didn't have sleeves but had something similar to a cape to drape over his wings so that they won't freeze during the winter. His ears wiggled, satisfied with the size and the comfort of the sweater.

Legosi's eyes widened when he saw Arthur emerging from the bathroom in the sweater. The sweater had a particular pattern to which the grey wolf would consider it to be the night sky with the midnight blue colour and silver star patterns. 

How fitting since Arthur's music is universal and he's the best student in physics.

"What do you think?" asked Arthur, making Legosi think of the different things to say about Arthur's sweater. In the end, he decided to answer with:

"It fits you."

"Oh, I'm glad!" Arthur puffed his fur. "Now, I have to make the pencil cup gift."

Legosi decided to sit on the floor while Arthur laid down a towel to catch all of his wood shavings. The grey wolf was worried when Arthur brought a knife that he has seen to be used for carving wood. He wondered a lot of things as Arthur slowly carved the wood , feeling it and listening to something the wolf doesn't know of.

He was worried because it's a blind bat holding a knife and can't see what he is making.

Yet, he became fascinated by how steady Arthur was when he was whittling his way to form a hollow hole at one end while the other side he had smoothened it. It's really understandable to the grey wolf that Arthur's old school had classes for this.

In the background, Legosi heard Arthur's phone playing a song. He was unfamiliar with the tune but it sounded very light-hearted. Well, no surprise since the bat himself looked content despite that fact that he got bullied or be associated with Vampyrums.

Legosi mentally noted to himself that he and his roommates would watch the horror movie Alucard to try and understand why other students are wary of the Honduran white bat. He had mentioned in his history presentation that Vampyrum bats exist and are most feared even among the bat community.

"Arthur," Legosi flexed his claws to observe how his fingers move. "What kind of crimes do you have back at your old home?"

Arthur looked up from his wood carving and sniffed. "Well, similar to yours with the herbivore getting killed by carnivores, animal trafficking, fanatic cults and some cases underage flying that causes accidents. Your news here some have lighter news so it's a bit better."

"Ah," Legosi leaned back to watch his little friend finishing his carving by rubbing it with sandpaper. Now the bat has a confused expression on his face. He was holding a can of spray paint and the other wing had glow-in-the-dark stickers shaped of stars and moons.

Arthur tried to spray across the wood-carving but it landed on the spread out papers instead. Legosi decided to help the bat by spraying the paint and while waiting for the paint to dry, Arthur made the grey wolf some tea and marmalade sandwiches as a thank you gift.

"I can't thank you enough, Legosi," Arthur gave him a grateful smile. "Colours aren't my strongest suite as you can see. I understand why my old art teacher only gave me clay and wood in every art class..."

"What is it that you just made?" asked Legosi.

"It's a pencil cup. Suitable for Mizuchi since she likes to design and craft anything she can find. I would say that she knew what she was doing when she made this sweater for me."

Legosi noticed the sparkle in Arthur's cloudy blue eyes when he talked about the rabbit. The grey wolf feels relaxed to know that he's not the only one who has some strong emotion towards  rabbits now that Arthur had confided in him about his time with Mizuchi.

In a way, he would think that the both of them will have to be discreet about their relationship.

"Now," Arthur twitched his ears. "Can we go check the garden at the roof?"

...

"Are you still trying to get back with her?" Kibi the tamandua asked the brown and white harlequin rabbit. He had recovered after a bombshell news was dropped to him about the little 'date' he had with the Netherland dwarf rabbit who Kibi himself wouldn't want to talk with.

It was good to see Legosi not affected by her charms or else the whole drama club will be affected.

"Of course I am!" the male harlequin rabbit announced with confidence. "She must want me back after all. I am the other harlequin rabbit in the school. But everytime I met her, she seems to deflect everything I did. I tried flowers, buy her an expensive necklace and even want to take her to a movie but no."

Kibi found it weird considering he knew Mizuchi through him and she's the scariest rabbit he had ever encounter besides that seemingly innocent dwarf rabbit. He swore that Cherryton sure has some herbivores with guts.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Kibi gave his condolences. "Maybe after you broke up with her, she wants to forget about you."

"What?! She's too proud to even let me go," he insisted. "I've seen her around with her friends but every time I tried to make her talk to me, she threatened to slapped me. I still want her since besides her fiery personality let me tell you, she's hot."

Kibi rolled his eyes. While the tamandua stayed out of trouble, he had noticed the female harlequin rabbit talking to someone he wouldn't believe it would happened:

Mizuchi was chatting with the blind bat!

The last time he saw the both of them, Mizuchi was given a wrapped boxed with some dotted papers.

And she was blushing and had the kept the present in her bag before leaving towards the herbivore dorm.