Chapter 31

Chapter 31

It was the Environment Day where all students are required to complete their hour down in the basement where they will be stimulated by their natural behaviours. It was something familiar to Arthur because back in Gryphon Cross, they had something similar but instead of the basement it was in another building which was similar to a hostel.

He recalled from memory that they have special rooms for aquatic animals to swim and breathe like Maccus, who needs to use the electromagnets from his hammerhead or small yet comfortable crevices for serpent students.

"You ready for your first Environment assignment?" asked Legosi, who was walking beside him.

"Oh yes," Arthur nodded excitedly. "I hope before the hour is up, I still have time for tea. It's good  for the mind and soul."

"If you say so..."

Arthur was glad to hang out with the grey wolf but something has been bothering him. Arthur may not know what but he could hear a different shift in Legosi's tone. As if he was pondering about something or being woeful.

"Legosi," Arthur tugged the grey wolf by his shirt. "I need to tell you something after our hour. Is that okay with you? I just need to let you know about something..."

The grey wolf was curious but even those foggy blue eyes couldn't hide the pleads of the Honduran white bat. Looking around in case anyone was eavesdropping, he accepted the meeting.

"Wonderful! Let's meet at the poolside for lunch. I brought some snacks besides my sandwiches."

Legosi watched with amusement as Arthur moved his mouth a little, not a sound was heard but he found his room where he will spent an hour in their to do his bat behaviour. Once Arthur went in, Legosi entered his wolf's room.

...

Arthur was right when he used his click to estimate what the bat room felt like.

There were stalactites and stalagmites which were good substitutions for percussion instruments which he will use his two fingers to tap them. Kicking off his shoes, Arthur decided to hang over the room's ceiling to play with the notes he had thought off.

He can't fly until he graduates but simple wing flap exercises are a must for most bats.

Little did he know, some animals who have completed their Environment hour has heard him playing but figured it was just the bat playing music on his phone. They weren't sure if it's prohibited but since he's the only bat, who knows.

"I'm not staying around while the Vampyrum is here," one of the female carnivores whispered.

"That song he's listening to sounds like he's out for our blood," another commented.

"Weird, he only smiles everytime we see him. But there's no reports or news about any animal getting their blood sucked off."

But that doesn't mean that the student shouldn't take precaution. Most herbivores will feel tension around carnivores but with this bat, it might be something to unite of the animals to watch out for each other.

Once the hour was up, Arthur had completed his homework  and was planning on meeting Legosi at the poolside. Again, using his clicks, he found his way to the location without any trouble.

"You came," Arthur smiled when he used his clicks to find the grey wolf's presence.

"Of course," Legosi growled softly. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

Arthur sat on one of the benches close to the wolf and told him about finding some wood and some paints to decorate it. Legosi was confused by this bat's strange request. "Arthur, why do you need wood and paint? I don't want to sound rude but can you see colour?"