Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Dr Kirk was surprised to find three females surrounding his son. A black cat, a raccoon and a rabbit with a dual colour holding Arthur's wing. He spotted Aoba at the corner, his wings crossed. He decided to approach the bald eagle.

Aoba was surprised when Dr Kirk arrived. Then again, it was good since he could discuss with the principal about how to handle the matter. Despite being a carnivore, Aoba cares about his herbivore friends just as much as Legosi.

Lately, that wolf has been acting strange from his new fur cut to looking so haggard each day as if he never had any sleep.

"Dr Kirk," he bowed in greeting to the old Honduran white bat. The three females' chatter stopped when they realised who it was. Dr Kirk had a small smile because he knew out of the three females, one of them has captured his son's heart.

"Thank you for calling me, Aoba. Sorry I haven't come here sooner since I had to discuss some things with the principal."

"It's fine," Aoba looked down on him. "Arthur has been in the infirmary ever since the attack. The nurse told me that his hearing will recover but try not to expose him to really loud sounds."

Dr Kirk nodded in understanding. He approached the three females and smiled at them in greeting before grasping his son's two fingers. Arthur gently traced his fur and then tried to make  out the shape of his face. Dr Kirk watched his son's cloudy blue eyes blinked, his mouth slightly agape. Arthur began to laugh in disbelief but tears were streaming down his face before he hugged the figure tight.

"Dad? I-is it really you?"

"Yes son," he smiled. "I'm here."

"He's been learning how to 'hear' by placing his fingers close to our throats and mouths," the harlequin rabbit explained. "Sorry, I am-"

"Mizuchi, right?" Dr Kirk enquired with a smile. "I didn't know my son found a beautiful rabbit for a friend. So what kind of spell have you put on my son, hmm?"

Mizuchi covered her mouth in shock. She was taken aback at Arthur's father's question where he had a humorous twinkle from those amber eyes. She could see how Arthur is very similar to his father in terms of how they carry themselves:

Whimsical and soft-hearted.

"Y-yes," Mizuchi managed to to speak up. "I've attended your motivational speech, sir. It was very deep."

"Oh please," he chuckled, seeing that the other students were curious about him. "Call me Dr Kirk! What is funny is that I was very nervous when I made that speech. You could say that the caterpillars in my stomach are undergoing a metamorphosis."

Aoba shook his head. Yep, like father like son!

Dr Kirk's expression suddenly became serious as he lifted his head to talk to the nurse. Apparently, Arthur will be staying in the infirmary for a bit while a letter was written to be sent to his teachers. In terms of homework, he will received the print out copies in braille that will be delivered to his room. For now, he needs to be recover.

"Well, I should head back to the university," said Dr Kirk. He reached into his bag where two containers were handed to Aoba. "Here, for your trouble and please give it to Arthur when you have the time."

"Oh, Dr Kirk! I-"

"I insist, Aoba. Right, I have to go before my superiors asked me about my whereabouts."

With that, Aoba and the three females watched the old Honduran white bat take flight, as if he was going straight into the sun.

...