Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Arthur never knew he would be in this predicament.

Mizuchi was here and now sitting next to him on the piano stool to hear him play. With jittery fingers, he cringed when he accidentally played off-key but Mizuchi did not complain at all. So, he decided to play as if he was in his dorm all by himself.

"It's beautiful," said Mizuchi. "I could never play like that. And by ear too, that's really something."

Arthur blushed. "Why, thank you. But can you promise not to tell anyone about me playing on campus? I'm not much of a conversationalist or quick when it comes to large crowds."

Mizuchi wrapped an arm around him gently. "Sure, Arthur."

An animal clearing his throat made Arthur whipped his head around to find the source of the sound. He opened his mouth a bit and sighed, realising it was Legosi and that tamandua he can't recalled his name. He was around backstage and was the one who allowed him to play the piano anytime if he stumbled into this room.

"How long were you two listening?" asked Arthur meekly. Mizuchi was gripping the Honduran white bat tightly, probably because of the grey wolf. But Arthur assured her by draping his wing over her back like a blanket.

"Just your music and talk," Legosi reported. "Is this is Mizuchi?"

"Yes," both Kibi and Arthur answered at the same time. Arthur tilted his head at the direction of the tamandua. "You know her too? Oh, of course you both are in the same years and took some classes together!"

"That's right!" Mizuchi huffed but glared at Kibi. The poor tamandua was ready to hide behind Legosi. "He sent you here, right?"

Kibi blinked. "What?"

"Don't lie to me. He sent you here with this grey wolf to spy on me, right?!"

Legosi felt hurt, since he was used to herbivores and smaller animals being afraid of him since he is a large canine. But Kibi jumped into his defence much to his surprise. "Wait just a minute, Mizuchi! Did you just assume that your ex sent me and Legosi to spy on you?"

"Why else were you here?"

Kibi just pointed at the boxes that were at the corner. "This is the drama club's backstage and no one is allowed in here except drama club members. Well, Arthur's an exception since he plays the music."

Both Arthur and Legosi were standing at the side while Mizuchi and Kibi argued. The grey wolf crouched down to whisper to Arthur's ear about what was happening.

"She reminds me of Haru," Legosi murmured. "She's not afraid to say what she wants on her mind."

"Hmm, maybe more than that, Legosi. I'm sure you have some experience with Haru to give me an advice on this?"

Legosi almost had his fur shaved off when Arthur asked this unexpected question. "N-no! I am still trying to understand even these feelings for her. How about you?"

"I...I don't know..."

Arthur walked between Mizuchi and Kibi, gently spreading his wings out. "Hey, hey! There's no need to fight. Mizuchi, Kibi and Legosi mostly come here to unload the props. And Kibi, I am rather curious to know what is going on but I won't probe. Shall we head back and have some tea?"

...

It took some time but Arthur was walking close to Legosi as they head back to the Chiroptera room. The last time a herbivore has ever entered the room was Louis and his bombshell secret.