Chapter 87

Chapter 87

Mizuchi furrowed her eyes with worry as she read the text Arthur sent her. His messages were usually speech-to-text when it came to messaging her while hers to him were vice versa. Despite being in his final year, Arthur SOMEHOW managed to get himself into trouble that might cost him his life.

"I hope you be careful," she read the warning she texted for him before clicking 'send'. Her university life has been alright aside from the mountain of assignments and requests from her clients. Then again, she was glad that she was away from her parents though she missed her siblings. She decided to scroll through Roaragram and Amazoo, trying to pass the time before her next class.

She paused at a particular post, which was the last photo she took with Arthur before her graduation. Smiling a sad smile, Mizuchi kissed the photo where the Honduran white bat was.

"Hey Mizuchi!" her high school friend, Riley called as she sat next to the harlequin rabbit during lunch. Unlike Cherryton, university seemed to be lenient with carnivores and herbivores sitting together. Riley was still pristine as ever despite the bags under her eyes.

"Riley! I'm just glad you're here. Everyone's acting too nice if you ask me," Mizuchi greeted her friend with a hug. The black cat tilted her head in confusion. Then again, the feline was always ready to lend a paw or ear for her friends.

"Well, at least it's not high school. At least we're in a diverse campus than the segregation that's been going on in other schools," Riley pointed out, but then quickly said, "not that there's anything wrong with that! I'm sure you missed some things at Cherryton and maybe we could visit it someday."

The harlequin merely nodded, checking her phone for anything that Arthur may hinted at her. Ever since graduation, she had to be cautious when talking to Arthur without any prying ears from her parents or nosy siblings. Still, her instincts as a rabbit had always meant to be on her guard no matter where she went.

Just then, a figure sat in front of her, creating a shadow over her phone. She glanced up to be greeted by a forced smile of a puma. She figured he was from the animation or graphic designer course. Straightening herself up, her green eyes greeted dark brown-almost black ones.

"Hey, what do you want?"

The puma was very twitchy in his movement. She had a feeling this carnivore was experiencing withdrawal symptoms from eating meat. Mizuchi wrinkled her nose in disgust but tried her damn best to not show it.

"I-I heard that you're good at mending and commissioning clothes. I was wondering if you could make a dress?"

Mizuchi arched a brow, covering her mouth with her hand. "Um...I might need to take your measurement though. The cafeteria isn't a private place to-"

"N-no! Not for me!" the puma blurted out, his face slightly red. Both Mizuchi and Riley giggled at his reaction. She reached for something in her pocket, her ears still perked up to listen.

"I'm just messing with you," Mizuchi assured him, handing him something in his paws. It happened to be mint-flavoured chewing gum. He gave her a quizzical look. The harlequin rabbit gave him a sympathetic smile, gesturing to the strip candy in his paws.

"I'll help with the commission if you chew this gum. No offence but your breath stinks."

While the Panthera was bowing a thanks to her, her phone buzzed to a rather scary message from her boyfriend. It said:

Digging  info about a crazy hybrid name Melon

Be on guard, Mizuchi!