➸ Tre; Crowning Hall

Who knows what's ahead

~ Molly Kate Kestner, Prom Queen

A FEW MONTHS LATER!

For the past few weeks, Lorelei was still where she was four years ago. No talisman, a large hatred for the older mage and homesickness. The only difference was that her home was with Jason and the Titans, three of which hadn't been in contact with one another for a fair while. Yet, of course, Lorelei has no idea about the current events of the Titans and Jason.

Archmage had started to begin her training two months ago after realising it was a waste of precious time by letting her solely focus on finding her magical item. He was losing his magic, after all. Lorelei was thankful to continue her studies, as much as she hated to admit it, the distraction from her life in the realm with superheroes and villains was something she began to crave.

Her Archmage couldn't fault her. After all, this was his fault but he cared for her and wanted her to claim the throne, offering her the distraction at the right time would surely help him. "Tomorrow we go to the crowning hall," He grabbed her attention from the book that was all about the previous crowned individuals.

"The crowning hall? I thought that was just a legend," She puzzled, earning a chuckle from the older mage. "When will you learn, Little Screams, every legend has a truth to it."

The legend of the crowning hall was an infamous story in Centia. Everyone knew of the legend from a young age and would continue to tell the legend to the young mages of Centia, it was even a topic in their history classes. The crowning hall was barely a hall, all that was left were some old, worn-out stones out of what a beautiful palace with a throne in perfect condition was once you ignore the dirt from being exposed to the outside. It was a place cast away from Centians, frozen in time with a magical barrier that breaks for the public once a new Archmage was to be crowned. Of course, there were gaps in the spell which allowed the current Archmage and Archmage-in-training to enter. At least that is what the legend says.

It had been a place Lorelei had always wanted to enter. "Why now?" She asked, raising her eyebrow before returning back to her book.

"Every Archmage places their talisman in the crowning hall, the energy there will perhaps help guide you to your own," Centia had nine other Archmages before the current one. Most Archmage had served 250 years before their magic began to fade and would train the next mage and resume their ageing, awaiting their now close death.

From Lorelei's understanding, being Archmage was more of a curse than a blessing. Why would she want to become immortal so long and watch her loved ones die before inevitably dying whenever her talisman deemed it was her time to go? It was an unpredictable situation.

"I have been Archmage for many decades, Miss Clark," Her Archmage said, "You will live for longer and be far more powerful than the rest of us."

Lorelei snickered, "I'm only more powerful because of that thing you got scarecrow to inject me with."

"Now now Lorelei, you know that's not true,"

A small sigh left her lips as she sat further into her seat, knowing he was absolutely correct and continued to study the previous Archmages for reasons she can't remember until an unsettling feeling began to erupt in her stomach.

---

"You may be able to visit Gotham in a few days," Archmage said, grabbing Lorelei's attention as she walked beside him. Just as he told her yesterday, they were on their way to see the crowning hall.