➸ Ventisette; Nygma

Never been so vulnerable

~ Big Time Rush ft. Jordin Sparks, Count On You

Sitting on a rooftop of a random building with Rose was weirdly therapeutic for Lorelei. The two close friends had spent the majority of the day together and were now eating ice cream cones while watching the sunset as the darkness of Gotham began to rise.

"I've done something bad, Lei," Rose spoke after a peaceful silence fell upon the two. "Something irreversible, nobody will forgive me - this wasn't part of the plan."

Looking at her friend, Lorelei saw the regret in Rose's eyes. "What did you do? I'm sure it wasn't that bad and what was the plan?"

Sighing, Rose licked her dessert. "I can't tell you, not yet."

"I can't help you if you don't tell me, Rose," She stood up and turned to her friend. "You're clearly in need of help or at least someone to talk to - otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned anything." Lorelei wanted to help her friend. She could feel the guilt that was currently radiating from Rose, which only made her worry more.

"'In need of help'? I'm not injured." Rose scoffed. "I don't need your help. I'm not a pathetic idiot who always crawls back for help,"

"That's not-"

"Not what? What you meant? Yeah right." Rose threw her ice cream to the streets of Gotham and looked at Lorelei, who was visibly confused by her sudden aggression. "Doesn't matter. I'm going to the apartment."

Lorelei then sighed and watched her friend leave before watching over the streets of Gotham until three hours had passed. Three lonely hours of her sitting on the rooftop with her thoughts while watching the drunk citizens of the city stumble along the slippery paths as it started to rain a little over an hour ago.

The young hero didn't know why she was sitting there or even how long had passed. To her it could have been twenty minutes or five hours, she didn't know nor did she really care. She also didn't care about how cold she was from the rain that was still pouring down as heavily as it did twenty minutes ago.

It wasn't until she felt a slightly unpleasant presence behind her until she turned around, a small sigh left her lips as she saw it wasn't him or the damn clown she would really love to kill one day. Instead, it was Ed Nygma - the Riddler, another one of Gotham's criminals.

"What is wrong, young one?" He asked her, sitting on the ledge beside her.

Nygma and Lorelei had a history together. A little secret. Nygma had helped Lorelei once before - at a time where she needed help the most and in return, Lorelei wouldn't hurt Nygma. It was an unspoken pact that they wouldn't fight against each other and they both respected that.

They weren't exactly friends but had an unspoken bond between them after they found out to be cousins, which led to them becoming closer and became close enough to talk about whatever is worrying them. "Truthfully, I'm scared. Being back here after so long brings up memories. You know how much I adore this city - even with its bad side," She said, not knowing where this was coming from because even she didn't hear her thoughts. "But he's back and I have a plan but I'm scared it's gonna fail because there's no way to know with him." She choked out, her eyes beginning to spill the tears that were forming as she spoke.

"He came to me," Ed told her, which immediately grabbed her full attention as she whipped her head towards his direction. "He knows you're up to something, he's watching your every move. He's trying to find a way to find out the spells you use."

"He isn't alone either," The man full of riddles added while watching the younger girl frown. "I'll help you, even if it isn't much. I will help protect you."

She nodded, all her thoughts roaming around her head, running around in circles while she tried to make sense of them. "What did he want with you?"

Nygma told her what happened. How he magically appeared in his home with another unseen presence and that he wanted as much information as he could possibly get on her, which only frustrated him when he heard nothing he didn't already know.

After a small catch up, the villain and hero separated for the night, Lorelei heading home to her friends and Nygma heading to cause a little mayhem.

---

The female looked around her childhood home and looked at the teal walls covered in posters and pictures from the once simple years before rushing to find her mother. "Mum!" She exclaimed, embracing her the moment she reached her.

"I shouldn't have gone there, I'm sorry," She broke down in her mothers' arms, regret and pain evident in her weak voice. Feeling safe now that she was once again in the safe place she knew she would always have. "You're here now, sweetheart. I've got you," Her mother reassured.

It took thirty minutes until either one of them moved, which was caused by the rumble of the young brunette's stomach. "What happened?" The older female asked, preparing a meal.

"Something bad..." She looked down to the floor, whispering out a weak 'I'm pregnant'. Her mother instantly interrogated her, trying to know what had happened. She knew her daughter had issues in the past in regards to pregnancy and now she was magically pregnant? Something was up. "I asked Archmage for help... he gave me the chance to be pregnant but I don't think his intentions were entirely pure. I love my baby, we need to protect them from him."

Her mother smiled. "You're going to be a great mother. Do you have any names?"

"Lorelei for a girl," The brunette sniffled.

The mother and daughter quickly packed their essentials and left their home. The rain clashed with the ground while the thunder rumbled in the sky. A young, pregnant brunette stopped running for a split second to catch her breath while she watched her one-way portal spiral large enough for her to effortlessly walkthrough. Exiting the portal at her new home in the other realm, the one without many magical beings like herself. Scotland.