➸ Sette; Power Showcase

And my thoughts are so loud

~ Astrid S, Does She Know

When Dick pulled the minivan up to a shitty motel, Lorelei sighed. She missed the comfort of fluffy pillows, cosy duvets and a large blanket at Wayne Manor. Everyone else didn't seem to like the idea of where they're staying either, not that they had a choice. Lorelei knew it was safer this way.

"I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a minivan," Gar spoke, Dick sighed.

"At least we can all fit in," He told Gar.

"I like the minivan," Lorelei grinned, happy to have leg space.

"We're not actually staying here, are we?" Rachel asked.

"You know, there's probably a nicer place down the road," Kory suggested, looking at Dick, who argued, "We're being hunted by sociopaths. Nicer places draw attention."

"Yeah, well, they also make it easier to sleep." Kory sassed.

"One road in, the same road out. Only one point of access we have to watch." Lorelei told her, hoping she would understand why Dick chose here. "And also, it's quiet. If trouble comes our way, we should hear it first."

"Impressive," Dick told Lorelei, happy to know that Gotham would be under good protection with her beside Bruce's side. "And who said anything about sleeping?" He got out of the van and went to get five rooms, which luckily, they had.

Once everyone had dropped their bags off in their own, separate rooms they met up in Gar's room once Kory was back with pizza.

"All right, guys, listen up." Dick said while the younger three dug into the food, "We're all in one piece, more or less. We need to figure out where we stand and determine what's mission-critical."

"'Mission-critical'?" Rachel asked, biting into her slice.

"Is it a cop thing?" Gar asked, picking up a slice, "Sounds like a cop thing."

"I had some combat training when I was younger." He answered.

"And he's a cop," Lorelei said, picking up her second slice.

"I'm sorry, you were referring to 'we'?" Kory said.

"'We' as of right now are a group of people who share a common enemy." He stated, turning to her.

"Which makes us?" Lorelei asked him before biting into her almost finished pizza slice.

"Let's call it an alliance." Lorelei rolled her eyes, noticing Dick refused to call them a team. "One born of mutual need."

"And what's that?" Kory asked, playing with her nails.

Dick sighed, "To stay alive, we have no idea how long we have until they find us."

"You just said 'they', who are they?" Gar asked, stepping closer to Rachel, "What do they want?" He asked her.

"We don't know who they are, but they want me," Rachel told him.

Lorelei added, "It's because of her abilities." She picked up a new slice of pizza, "They make violence look like an art form."

"The people that attacked us fought in unison, they were perfectly coordinated, we're not." He looked between the four other people, "We can't fight like that unless we learn each other's moves." Lorelei groaned, knowing some sort of training session was coming soon.

"Inspiring." Kory muttered before asking, "And how do you suggest we do that?"

Lorelei huffed, aggressively biting into her pizza slice while Dick told everyone that they had to stick together and train and told the younger three who were eating to quickly finish so they could find somewhere to start.