➸ Otto; Nightmare

So I won't be alone 'cause I'd give up hope

~ Meghan Trainor, After You

Lorelei hated remembering that dreadful night. When she moved to Gotham, she was young, yes, but she knew how dangerous it was. If it weren't for Batman, she wouldn't have moved to Gotham. Instead, she would've gone to Central City, in hopes of finding The Flash. Even though she still could've gone there, Lorelei knew she had a higher chance of finding Batman than the fastest man alive.

Still, the dangers didn't put her off moving to Gotham, alone, at seventeen. Sure, her pay at Gotham's Orphanage didn't pay as well as she hoped and her apartment wasn't the best either, she wasn't homeless and she had food, heat and shelter so she couldn't complain.

She didn't expect to be kidnapped by the Joker. Nor did she expect to be injected by a weird injection by Scarecrow. They tried to make her a weapon to go against Batman. She played along with their game, that was until Batman came and she asked him to help her.

He did help her. He trained her to be Phobia. Her powers that were once a curse, were now a blessing. She wasn't a weapon. Nobody could control her. Well, maybe Bruce could. He can be scary sometimes.

Lorelei was grateful when he let her stay in one of his safehouses. Even if it was on the opposite side of Gotham from Wayne Manor, all it took was a quick motorbike ride and she was there. She missed the safehouse. It was ten times better than the shitty motel she was currently sitting in. The bed was so uncomfortable, the bathroom was unhygienic and it was so outdated.

Even if Lorelei hated remembering that dreadful night, she still enjoyed remembering Bruce's face when he learned she was already a magical being. A witch, sorcerer, wizard. She would answer to all but she did prefer witch. All her family had been. Her nana, her mum and even her younger siblings.

But even if she already had powers, she wasn't expecting to also be able to control minds and do so many other things. Yes, there are spells for it. But she didn't need spells for that anymore.

Yet deep now, so deep that she had yet to admit it to herself, she was scared to use her powers in case she became the weapon she was designed to be.

---

"Ow," Lorelei said when she first woke up, her head throbbing. Instinctively, she went to touch her head, only for her to realise she was trapped. She struggled against the tight rope before it started to burn her wrists.

"Oh, goodie. You're awake." A voice said, Lorelei stopped her movements completely as she whipped her head up, wincing as the room began to spin. "Hmm... I wouldn't do that if I were you." The voice chuckled, fear instantly taking over her emotions. "Now, what to do with you first." Lorelei slowly moved her head to the side, seeing the Joker look at a bunch of tools on a table with a small light.

"No, no, no." She repeated as he grabbed a scary looking knife that was curved and walked towards her. She was too weak to cast any spells.

The Joker laughed, "Scream loudly for me." He grinned, ripping her top off and slicing her stomach and she screams for help. "I like you already, toy." He sliced a 'J' on her left cheek, watching the blood run down her pale face as she cried, her salty tears hurting her wound even more.

"You suit it already, just wait until the scar comes!" He laughed as he walked back to his table of torture weapons and picked up a baton.

"Please, don't." She whined as he came closer, screaming out as he whacked her everywhere he could, bruising her stomach, her legs, her face.