➸ Ventitre; Confession

Just one look in your eyes got me mesmerized

~ Big Time Rush, Lost In Love

When everyone got back to the Titans Tower, Dick's first main focus was helping the boy who saved Lorelei and Jason. Hank helped Lorelei stitch her wounds, cleaning them, getting out all the glass from her hand and firmly securing a bandage around her shoulder and right hand.

He told her to take it easy, considering her dominant hand and shoulder were both injured. Still, it didn't stop her from making pancakes just minutes after he told her that - which she did roll her eyes at and told him to stop worrying.

Adding the pancake batter to the frying pan, Lorelei carefully lifts her shoulder and grabs a spatula once she notices the batter bubble and carefully flips the pancake over. After a few more seconds, she takes the fluffy pancake out of the frying pan and onto a plate before repeating the process five more times.

She put the two plates of three pancakes onto a tray with sugar, maple syrup, butter, melted chocolate and cutlery before going to Jason's room and knocked loudly on the door, considering how loud his music was.

"Hey," Lorelei smiled when he answered the door, "I brought you something to eat,"

The boy smiled down at her and let her in, showing her where to put the tray of food on his bed. She put his music off, letting out a breath at the silence that filled the air. "You okay?"

"I almost died, what do you think?" He remarked, looking out the window.

Lorelei scoffed, "I know, I was there," She motioned to her injuries.

"I'm sorry, it wouldn't have been easier for you. I just can't stop the flashbacks," Jason apologised. Lorelei knew how he felt but the way he was reacting showed her that this was his first big "kidnapping".

"I know," She forgave, walking over to him and rubbed his back with her good hand. "I guess now would be a good time to tell you exactly what happened that day with the whole Trigon situation, huh?" She spoke as she walked to Jason's bed and sat down, patting the bed.

Jason walked over and took his plate of pancakes and added his toppings. "So you didn't kill Joker cause he killed someone you were close with?"

"I did, I just didn't tell the whole story," She looked down at her pancakes and took a shaky breath before continuing. "Jason, the person he killed was you. The way I felt when he did it? I swore to myself to never feel like that again,"

Finally looking up, she saw Jason's shocked face and let him see her glossy eyes. "But earlier I felt exactly the same I did in that alternate universe. I was scared I lost you forever,"

"How did it happen?" Jason asked her. He knew he meant a lot to Lorelei... but this? He wasn't expecting.

"You were getting married. Just before you said 'I do' he busted in, swinging a crowbar around until he eventually circled around you and your almost wife before killing you." She explained, letting a few tears before wiping them away and looking at anywhere but Jason. She was debating whether to tell him about the kiss or that she was the bride but telling him would change their relationship forever and Lorelei wasn't sure if she wanted that yet.

After a torturous minute of silence, Jason finally spoke up once again. "You killed the Joker for me?"

"And I'd do it again without hesitation," She admitted, watching Jason move the tray of food away from them.

He moved closer to her and pulled her in for a hug, being careful not to hurt her injuries.

"There's something else," Lorelei winced out, pulling away from the hug.

Just as Lorelei was about to speak, a knock at the bedroom door redirected their attention. Jason stood up and opened the door, Lorelei groaned when she realised it was Rose.

"Good, you're both here," Rose said, looking over Jason's shoulder to see Lorelei. "Can I come in?"

"No,"

"Wow, I know those looks. He really did a number on you two," She said.

"You can leave now," Jason flatly replied.

Lorelei sighed and looked at her growing cold pancakes and picked up the melted chocolate and poured it over them before taking a bite of them. "You made it out alive from my dad, I thought you'd be tougher," Lorelei heard Rose say.

"You know, your friends act like you're some type of fuckup," Rose said to Jason. "Yet you two are the only ones doing anything. The rest of them just argue with each other while you two get along perfectly well," She said, looking between Lorelei and Jason after waltzing into the room.

Lorelei now knew she would never get to tell Jason the rest of what happened, especially since Rose was in the picture. And after realising how she felt towards Jason, she knew it was jealousy she was feeling and she had no shame.

"You two tried to stop my father. They didn't do shit,"

"Dick did what he could," Lorelei muttered.

Rose looked at the girl, "Really cause I heard she dropped you two from a skyscraper,"

"Not his fault, my hands slipped from his," She said, looking down.

"Well it wasn't your fault either," Rose snapped. "Look, you guys are the only ones worth hanging out with so you're stuck with me,"

Lorelei rolled her eyes, missing the small compliment Rose gave her. "Great,"

"Look I don't wanna be an asshole..." Jason spoke up.

"Then don't. I know my dad tried to kill you. Your friends tried to kill me and that was after they tried to trade me for Deathstroke. So call us even," She bargained, looking through Jason's music.

Lorelei groaned when she leaned down on Jason's bed, accidentally forgetting about her injured shoulder and sat back up. Rose went on about everyone in the tower needing a shrink while Jason continued on her half-joke by saying that it meant to talk about them.

"So, what are you two? A couple?" Rose asked. "Cause you two would be a great one,"

Jason smirked, "Not yet. She likes to think she doesn't have feelings for me,"

Lorelei snickered, proud of her acting skills even if she didn't know them at the time. "You wish I loved you,"

"Hey, I never said anything about love, that was all you," He joked, causing Lorelei to throw a pillow at him while Rose laughed at their childishness, seeing right through their acts.

The trio stayed in late talking, getting to know each other and having fun in general. Lorelei loved it and she was glad to see a good side of Rose and to know she had another friend in the Tower. Plus, Rose made it clear to her that she wasn't interested in Jason when he went to get a drink from the kitchen.

Rose also told Lorelei she was being ridiculous by thinking Jason didn't like her because, according to Rose, he was a better person around Lorelei.

Which made Lorelei smile at the thought.

"What are you smiling at?" Jason groggily asked with a yawn, just waking up for the day.

Lorelei wrapped her good arm around him and snuggled closer into the blankets. "Nothing," She lied, staring at the beautiful sight of Jason waking up. A sight she had missed.

"Come on," Lorelei said, sitting up and gently slapping Jason's bare chest. "We need to get ready and I need to get comfier clothes on," She looked down at her bare legs and Jason's t-shirt that she stole after deciding to sleep in his room for the night.

Although she would rather stay in bed, Lorelei also knew that the team would get annoyed if they did since it was already twelve. "By the way, we need to talk about the other day,"

"Fine," Jason whined, dragging out the 'I' and got up to get dressed and watched Lorelei leave the room to head down the hall to her own.