➸ Dieci; Suit Up

I might look sweet but I don't play nice

~ Annie Leblanc, Play Nice

The truth or dare game didn't last very long after everyone was asked their favourite colour nobody could figure out questions and nobody said dare. Rachel and Garfield went to the tv to play video games while Lorelei went to the room she was previously in with a certain Jason Todd following after her.

Even if they were sitting in comfortable silence, Jason lying on the bed playing on his phone and Lorelei sitting at the desk, doing one of her usual drawings, they both didn't mind it and actually enjoyed the company.

Jason filled Lorelei in about why he was really here and what had been happening to people Dick once knew when he lived in the circus and how they would be going to find one of them tonight as he worked in a bar.

"We're going to a bar? I didn't bring any clothes for stuff like that, this sucks," Lorelei whined.

"It's not like we'll get in without fake IDs anyway, I'm nineteen and you're only eighteen," Jason said.

"Stupid Americans with the 'no alcohol until twenty-one' law." Lorelei scoffed, "Did you know in Scotland we can go out to clubs at eighteen? Maybe I can persuade the bouncer."

"What's it like in Scotland?" He asked her.

Turning around in the chair to face him, she went on to tell him how much Gotham and Scotland were alike. It was gloomy but had its sunshine moments but how there weren't any maniac clowns running around. "I miss it, mostly my family but there's just something about Gotham." She turned back around and continued her sketching.

---

"The place is called Corvo, it's some kind of speakeasy," Dick told Jason and Lorelei once they had parked the car. "Landlord said he bounces the late shift."

"That's too bad, bouncers are assholes," Jason said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Clay's not," Dick answered.

"How would you know anyway, Jason?" Lorelei asked him, taking a quick glance at him.

Jason sighed, "Uncle Ray would take me to bars with him all the time when I was little. Everyone thought it was cute, till it wasn't." He told her, glancing at her occasionally. "He was a fun drunk, then he'd get stupid, then he'd start throwing punches. Then the bouncers would kick our asses out."

"Where were your folks?" Dick asked him.

"Mom was upstate, dad was downstate." He answered. "Uncle Ray was the man until he OD'd when I was 13."

Lorelei gave him a sad smile, "Sorry for your loss," He gave her a small smile back, Lorelei took a mental note to tell him he should smile more often. "Where did you go?"

"Wherever. Foster care. In and out of the system, the streets mostly after that." He sarcastically laughed, "It's not all bad, I survived. Now look, man, we're living the dream." He said as they reached the bar and Dick immediately went up and knocked on the door.

While he showed his police badge to the bouncer and asked if Clay was working, Lorelei grabbed Jason's arm. "I've been through some shit too but what you went through was tough, you must be really strong to not be a loser who pops pills every chance he gets." He smiled and went to reply, missing his chance when Lorelei went up to the door and gave the bouncer her ID.

"You're underaged." The bouncer gave her back her ID, taking Jason's out of his hand.

"There a problem?" Jason asked the bouncer.