➸ Quattro; Reunion

I only like myself when I'm with you

~ Little mix, Nobody Like You

Arriving in Gotham for the first time in months was overwhelming for Lorelei. The hotel room she was staying in was nice but it was definitely Wayne manor or the castle back in Centia, the bedding wasn't as comfortable and the decor didn't feel like home but ultimately it didn't matter because it was temporary. Much like her stay in Gotham.

She was yet to meet this 'old friend' her Archmage had informed her of, they were supposedly going to meet up that afternoon at the hotel restaurant, which left Lorelei two hours until the meetup time.

The wait was practically destroying her, time felt frozen as the minutes dragged on longer than they normally would. Lorelei wasn't desperate to meet the friend, it was the events that would follow afterwards.

Jason.

She would finally be able to see Jason again. Perhaps that was why time was moving so slowly. The excitement of finally seeing her ex-boyfriend once again but also the anxiety that was surrounded towards it too. The young mage had no idea what to think or feel or what Jason was feeling. Did he even want to still be with her? She will find out in approximately three hours. Three long hours.

Lorelei sat on the hotel bed and read the book she had brought with her. Of course, she had to do work on this trip, just typical. Archmage wanted her to know that although she can see Jason, it is still a trip for Archmage purposes, which earned an eye roll from Lorelei when he handed her a few books with orders to have them finished by her return.

"Legends and Myths of Talisman, chapter three. Dorothea Boyd was the Archmage that brought unity between all citizens of Centia, it is rumoured that her talisman was her late husband, Fergus due to her magic diminishing when he passed away on Tuesday 14th May 1489 at the age of ninety-seven. Dorothea has been the only Archmage to not serve for at least two centuries and holds the record for shortest time served as Archmage with ninety-three years." Lorelei readout, barely even reading it at all with a grumble before snapping the book shut.

Why were history books so boring? Why couldn't academic books take a fiction format?

With a small crack to the neck and a relaxed sigh, the young mage got up and looked at her suitcase, choosing a comfortable outfit to wear for the day. It was still early afternoon so who cared if she was still in her pajamas. Besides, it's not like anyone has seen her.

Lorelei kept hidden in the hotel room since the moment she got here. Archmage orders. She assumes he doesn't want any accidental barging into Jason so that her mind can stay focused on the meeting she will attend later today... little does he know that'll never happen when she's far too anxious about rushing to Wayne Manor when the meeting is done.

When Lorelei was ready to go - meaning she was dressed and had taken the time to style her hair in a dutch braid - she had approximately ninety minutes left to waste and without her phone, at that. Another Archmage order.

Another heavy sigh left her lips as she picked up the book she was reading thirty short minutes ago and began to read it, picking up where she left off.

---

Looking to her left, Lorelei took in the beautiful sights of the hotel restaurant. Considering this was Gotham she was in, it was very luxurious. A kind of luxury she wished she could enjoy but instead she was sitting at her table, her foot bouncing underneath it as she watched the clock strike ten past the hour. They were late.