➸ Quindici; Archmage

Cover up my bruises and battle scars

~ Besomorph & Coopex ft. Riell, Redemption

Days, weeks, months. Lorelei couldn't tell how long she had been there. Being tortured, scarred, hurt and drained. Scarecrow stopped coming by after a while and the warlock that haunted her hadn't been in contact either.

Joker was still around though. He came all the time to emotionally, physically and mentally hurt her. She hated him. It took everything within her to stay alive and keep breathing but she wanted to let go. Death was the easy way out but Lorelei still had little hope left that someone would save her. That Batman would save her.

After Joker left, her torture sessions, leaving her in a pile of her own blood and tears, she practised easy and small spells to build her strength up to give a sign to Batman to save her but every time she gets close, Joker makes sure to bring her down like he knew what she was planning.

"What are you planning?" He asked her, kneeling in front of her once he noticed she didn't react to him slicing her thigh.

Lorelei closes her eyes, a small tear falling out. "N-Nothing," She stutters, cringing when she opens her eyes to see him grabbing the gun that he frequently used and shooting her twice with no hesitation. She screamed out, the pain unbearable but she was slowly getting used to being in pain. Considering how often he had done this she thought she would be immune to the pain, the noise, the blood, the ripping. But no, she wasn't.

"Stop being so pathetic," He hit her head with the gun, grabbing the knife once more and stabbing her stomach, leaving the knife in it as he laughs at her screams. "I know you're planning something in that head of yours." He took the knife out of her stomach, frowning when he saw her choke down a scream.

He brought the knife down her neck, barely cutting it before walking back to his table which held the weapons with Lorelei's dried blood on them. "What to do with you, what to do. I could do so many things to hurt you right now,"

He looked at the chair that he broke a few days ago, picking up the broken leg and grinned. "Maybe we should do something new," He walked over to her, loving the frightful expression on her face when she realises what he's going to do.

"No-No!" She tried to crawl away before he reached her but he grabbed her ankle before she could and forced the wood to stab her leg.

When Joker walks around the building, watching Lorelei as she stares at him. "That thing Scarecrow injected into me, what was that?" She asked with a small scream when she pulled the wood out of her leg.

"A little mixture of his fear stuff and something that magic friend of yours, it's meant to give you powers." He grinned.

"Why does that satisfy you?" She asked, glaring at him.

"Because you can become my weapon against Batman! We can control Gotham together. Me, you and Harley," He walked towards her, "You can feel you're different,"

Lorelei didn't speak, all she did was glare at him. She wasn't going to let them turn her into a weapon, even if it meant a future of pain for herself. Lorelei knew what the powers were. Ever since she woke up from her hallucination she heard Jokers thoughts. Once she even stopped him from killing her. She didn't know how she did it but she was grateful.

She didn't like being inside his head. The thoughts he had. The things he does. Lorelei wanted it to stop but she couldn't control it.

"You went quiet," He stabbed her arm, pulling her from her thoughts as she fell from her sitting position and screamed. She pulled the knife out of her arm, crying while she gripped it and quickly turned around and stabbed Joker's stomach. "Bitch! You'll regret doing that," He pulled the knife out with a laugh.