C6 - Enrolling

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

   I felt my hand collide with my alarm clock as I tried to turn it off. Right. School day. Groaning, I clambered out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. As soon as I was done brushing my teeth and washing my face, I felt someone hug me from behind.

"Good morning," Hunter said tiredly.

I twisted around to hug him back. "G'morning," I greeted happily. "Why are you up so early? You don't have school."

   Hunter squeezed my hips. "I enrolled there," he mumbled.

   I pushed him away with wide eyes. "You what?" I whisper-yelled.

   "I'm a short exchange student at your school."

   "Why?"

   Hunter frowned slightly. "Do you not want to see me?"

    "No, no, it's not that!" I deemed. "It's just. . . what if people get suspicious? Hasn't your family noticed you've gone missing? And then someone that looks just like you shows up at school?"

   By this time, a slightly dark expression had crept up onto Hunter's face. He looked me hard in my eyes before softening up.

   "You don't have to worry about that," he assured. "I left a note telling my coven that I'm on a mission, so I'm good for the rest of this week."

   At first, my face gave way to a look that said 'you're ridiculous,' but I decided to just let it go. Besides, at least now I would have someone other than my sisters' to talk to.

*****

When we had got to school, I led Hunter to the main principal's office.

"I'm there is Principal Bump. He'll assign you the tracks you'll take," I said. "All you have to do is tell him what you wanna take."

"Okay," Hunter said, taking a deep breath. "And then what?"

"Huh?"

"What do I do after I finish at Bump's office? Will you wait for me?"

"Umm," I thought for a moment. "How about we just meet up at lunch? Or we can meet in the classroom if you get into the Illusion Track with me?"

"Alright," Hunter nodded. "Wish me luck, love."

We hugged and I told him bye before making my way to my first class.

   I walked down the familiar halls of Hexside until I found my classroom. I silently handed my teacher a voucher slip that told him about me guiding a new student to the principal's office. Then, I sat down at my desk and took my notes out.

    For the next five or so minutes, the class was boring as usual. Within the next seconds, my mind easily drifted to thinking about other things.

   'I wonder how Hunter's doing. Maybe he's having trouble finding his class,' I thought, spinning my pencil. 'Maybe I should ask to go look for him just in case.' I flicked my pencil, causing myself to accidentally drop it.

   'Crap.'

   As I went to pick it up, I felt someone tap my back, startling me.

   "Huh?" I questioned.

   I sat back up in my chair with my pencil to see Emira looking at me strangely.