C18 - The Day of Unity 3

"You broke our pinky promise."

A threatening, intimidating, child-like voice rang through the air. Belos whipped around, to face the owner of the voice.

   "Ah.. Collector. You're—you're free," it announced. "Just as promised."

   The kid's—Collector's—aura darkened as they glared at Belos. "As promised? I remember somebody throwing me off a bridge," they accused. Then, with a sickeningly-wide smile, they added, "I'm not angry though. Say, wanna play tag?" The Collector spun their finger in a small circle, jerking Belos towards them. "I'm it," they whispered, before tapping Belos' forehead, sending him flying through the air and smashing into the wall above the portal.

   Gasps sounded from me and my friends. Collector turned to us. They seemed to be thinking about something.

   "You guys seem slow too. Do you need a head start?" they asked. They started to walk over to us, and we shuddered and tried to shuffle closer together. Before they could get to us, Gus and Willow slid between us.

   "Woah, Collector, buddy!" Gus interfered.

   "Yea, if you hurt them, then we won't be able to play.. uh.. "Owl House!'" Willow added, shooting a side look to us. Catching on, we hummed in agreement.

"Eh... "Owl House?"" Luz started. "Gee, I love playing that. In fact I, uh, play it every week!"

"I.. play it every day!" Amity pitched in. I hastily nodded my head.

   "I play it every hour!" I chimed in. Beside me, Hunter made a squeaky noise and backed up.

   "Yeah, and remember, we needs lots of people," Willow pointed out. The Collector seemed to ponder for a moment. They looked over at the witches being drained of their power before smiling.

   "Hm, okay!" They exclaimed. They walked over to the edge of the room and squinted at the solar eclipse. They pointed their finger towards the eclipse, dragging the moon away from the sun with ease.

The entire group's mouths' went agape. We sent glances to each other. The Collector turned around with a prideful expression.

"Ya know... if we're gonna play "Owl House," we're gonna need an Owl House!" they exclaimed, before they began to levitate, pulling apart rocks and defying gravity. I whipped my head around, looking for something. There was a door!

"Guys, look!" I yelled to the group, indicating the portal door. "It's a way out. C'mon!" I made a run for it. My friends followed. As I got to the door, I turned around for a brief second. My eyes widened. Amity was trying to pull Luz over with us, while Luz held onto Willow and Gus as they tried to pull away. Their conversation was barely still in earshot.

"Nonono, I won't leave you guys!" Luz shouted. Her voice broke and I could tell she was crying. Beside me, Hunter was looking back at them too.

"I'm so sorry, Luz," Gus apologized. "But we set him free."

"Yea, and it seems wrong letting the isles deal with it alone," Willow agreed. Luz shook her head.

"Please, Luz," Amity begged. "They'll be okay. We can come back."

"How?" Luz snapped. Amity took a step back from what I assume was surprise.

Gus nodded at Amity. "She's right, Luz. We'll be okay."

"We'll meet again soon," Willow assured. Then, in a flash, Willow drew a spell to cut away from the vines and drag Luz to the portal. Luz tried to tear away from them, but Amity stopped her.

As soon as they got to Hunter and me, we quickly jumped through the portal, into the raining, human realm. We sat in a huddled group for a second or two. Amity was comforting Luz as she cried. Hunter and I were holding each other.

A few minutes had passed. Luz had stopped sniffling. She took a deep breath and stood up, dusting off her clothes. She turned to look at all of us and gave us a small smile.

"Why don't we all get out of the rain?" she said. "I know somewhere we can go."

*****

We stood in front of a fairly large house. Once we got to the front door, Luz knocked on it a few times. There was shuffling heard from inside, before the door clicked and a woman opened it. At the sight of us, or more likely Luz, she teared up.

"Hi, mom," Luz greeted.

——————

HELLO EVERYONE!!! just to let you all know, i didn't give up 😭

i'm almost done, i swear! im also sorry about how short this is lmao. i definitely could've put it in the second part, but I lacked motivation to get it done on time.

ANYWHO! i'll be writing the finishing chapter soon. for those of you that have stuck with me so far, thank you sm, i love y'all!

see you whenever i decide to post 💀