C16 - The Day of Unity

I sat on the couch of the Owl House next to Luz and Amity. I was busy reading "Illusionists Guide to Unknown Tricks," while practicing the spells on King.

"An illusionist should have a clear mind when performing the following spell. To perform a spell of invisibility, simply do the "copy + paste" spell in reverse," I read aloud. King leaned against the coffee table's leg.

"What's the "copy + paste spell?" King asked.

I looked up from the book. "Do you remember the first day we trained with the head covens?"—King nodded—"and do you remember that spell I did to make multiple of myself while making the real me disappear?"—King nodded again—"It's that one."

"I didn't know it was possible to draw a spell in reverse," Luz jumped into the conversation, Amity following right after.

"You can't most of the time," she said. "Drawing spells in reverse takes a lot of practice and skill. And even if you've mastered those things, there's still a chance for the spell to go wrong."

"Yeah, but I've been practicing drawing in reverse for the past week. I've gotten pretty good at it," I interrupted.

"Why is learning an invisibility spell even important?" King asked. "We already have the glyph that Luz made."

"Well, Luz's glyph only works when you're holding your breath, which means you need a lot of paper. Learning how to use a spell is faster and easier," I answered. "Now, I need you to stand up for this one."

   King got up and stood with his arms off to his sides. "Like this?" he asked.

   "Perfect." I focused my attention on King's face before carefully drawing the spell in the air. As soon as the circle was finished, I watched King vanish into thin air.

   "Did it work?" his voice rang from thin air. Luz slid off the couch abruptly.

   "Ooh! Do me next!" she requested excitedly. I laughed and let the illusion come undone, King reappearing. I drew the spell again, this time pointing it at Luz. As she vanished, Amity, King, and I watched as various times in the room moved seemingly on their own. I let the spell go on for a bit longer, before a loud thud filling the room. I let the spell poof away, revealing a disheveled Luz on the ground.

Amity chuckled and went over to help her up. "Are you alright?" she asked, holding out a hand to her. Luz took it gratefully.

"Yeah, 'm fine!" she exclaimed. She stretched and looked over at me. "It really sucks that you can't see yourself when you walk," she pointed out. I nodded.

"It might take some practice to get used to it," I replied.

"Allllriiight, kids! Who's ready to beat some butt-kissing coven heads?" Eda shouted enthusiastically. Hunter was behind her, Flapjack perched comfortably on his shoulder.

"Ooh, ooh! Me, I am!" King shouted back. I stood up and walked over to him while Eda went into the living room.

   "You ready?" I asked. Hunter gave me a nervous smile.

   "Not exactly," he answered. "I feel really jittery."

   I took one his hands in mine and gave it a kiss. "You'll do fine. You've got those glyphs now, after all."

   Hunter pulled me into a hug. "You better not get hurt doing this. Because if you do, I'll seriously.. well I dunno what I'll do, but it'll be bad, so.. just don't get hurt," he ranted. Flapjack chirped in agreement. I smiled and hugged him back.

   "Alright, Hunter," I replied.

"Oi, Kids! C'mon, the others are here!" Eda yelled before going outside with the others. Hunter and I pulled away from each other. I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside.