Chapter 20: Engagement

After dropping Niharika, Rishi got back home. As soon as he got in his room, he directly dialed Ria. After a few rings, he thought she won't pick it up but at the last ring, she finally picked the call. The moment Rishi heard her voice, he instantly sighed out of relief. He never intended to offend her in any way.

"Hey, did I disturbed your sleep?" Rishi asked her politely.

"No, you did not. I was just going to bed." Ria cleared.

"Are you upset with what happened in the car?" He asked her deliberately.

The moment Ria heard him asking, she herself was a little bit amazed. Though she was somewhat annoyed because of both of them but never expected him for such a call.

Rishi continued, "Let me apologize for that... Ria... I'm..." He was interrupted in between. Ria said," It was not that big deal. You don't need to be sorry for that... Just let it be."

It was sufficient for her that he called on his own. She was more into his sincerity than an apology. After confronting her, Rishi also felt better that everything was again fine between them.

"By the way, I forgot to inform you that I'm going to take you to get rings for our engagement." He informed her.

He went on, "Just be ready till 11 am. I will be waiting outside."

"Alright, I'll be surely present on time." Ria replied. The duo ended the call.

There at the same night, Sanjeev in disheveled clothes with blood patches on his shirt asked the doctor in a panicked state, "Doctor, how is Arjun? Why is he still unconscious after the operation?"

The doctor replied, "The patient had gone through a lot of blood loss due to the accident. Also, his head had got majorly hurt as it was stuck with something hard."

He continued after coming from ICU, "Don't worry, with God's grace, he is out of danger. Give him some time to rest, he will soon gain his consciousness."

Sanjeev had a deep sigh of relief and thanked the doctor a lot after knowing about his state. He directly called his family and told them everything about the incident. In meanwhile, Sanjeev saw Arjun slowly opening his eyes.

"Hey...easy, easy...." Sanjeev quickly gave him back support with a pillow.

"If I had any idea that this was your way to destroy yourself on your own then I would have never trusted you and let you go by car on your own..." He worriedly stated and then continued,

"If I had not come on time to give your phone back that you forgot on the table then you yourself could not imagine what could have happened... " He could not complete it.

"Thanks, Sanjeev... You saved me. I slightly remember that I took the keys with me and then started the engine..." Arjun said in a weak state.

In meanwhile, he saw his entire family rushing inside to meet him. His father came first and sat next to him. He inquired, "How are you, Arjun? How did this happen?"