39 - Todoroki Get Lit On Fire

Tokoyami was quiet for a bit, before he nodded. "Alright. But you should hurry, Todoroki and Midoriya's match is right after ours, and you probably won't want to miss it."

(Name) flashed a thumbs up before jogging down the hallway, missing how Tokoyami stared at her leaving figure until she disappeared from sight.

...

(Name) settled into her seat with a bit of difficulty, barely able to hear her own thoughts at the sounds surrounding her. The cheering and screams from the crowd were overwhelming, and the deafening sound of ice shattering didn't help either.

Todoroki sent another huge ice attack at Midoriya, who broke it with the flick of his finger, sending shards of ice and freezing air sweeping over the crowd.

'Just what did I miss while I was at Recovery Girl's?'

Todoroki ran forward as Midoriya recoiled from the pain of his bones shattering, frost forming beneath his feet as a bridge of ice formed, arching into the air towards Midoriya.

Midoriya sent another blast of wind, breaking the bridge, but Todoroki leapt up when the two forces collided, making Midoriya jump back as he punched the ground where Midoriya was seconds ago. Shards of jagged ice surrounded his fist, before rushing towards Midoriya, trapping his foot.

Deku reeled his arm back, his entire left arm glowing from his Quirk, before he threw his fist, causing the arena below to be completely overtaken by a huge current of air.

Midoriya's pain-filled yell could be heard as the wind slowly began to dissipate, revealing Midoriya's damaged arm and Todoroki, who had managed to stay in bounds by putting large shards of ice behind him.

Todoroki slowly pushed a shard of ice away, before standing up. Frost crept up and covered his right side in patches, and his arm trembled.

The two of them didn't move, but (Name) could barely see Todoroki's mouth moving, before another one of his crazy ice attacks were sent at Midoriya.

"Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power! Here comes the finishing ice attack!"

(Name) was at the edge of her seat, her knuckles white from how hard she was clenching her seat. But then, Midoriya slowly looked up, raising his arm in front of him and sending another gust of wind. Todoroki was pushed back, just managing to catch himself before he passed the boundary.

"Did he just use his broken finger..." (Name) muttered under her breath with a tired sigh as she glanced at Midoriya's painfully purple finger.

Midoriya muttered a few unheard words, before clenching his injured fingers into a fist. "Come at me with everything you've got!"

Todoroki's eyes steeled, before he ran forward. But, unlike how he usually was, his movements were... slower.

'Is he reaching his limit? Is it the frost?'

The frost on Todoroki continued to spread as he put his right foot forward and sprung into the air, which Midoriya reacted to by ducking down, sending a punch straight at Todoroki's stomach.

Todoroki's fingers grazed Midoriya's injured arm as he flew back, tumbling against the ground.

"A solid hit!"

The spar continued on and on, the seconds passing by painfully slow. Emphasis on painful, because Midoriya could barely stand at this rate.

"The hell is wrong with this kid..." (Name) grimaced as she watched Midoriya flick his broken thumb using the inside of his cheek.

Both Midoriya and Todoroki flew back, and this time, they were both swaying on their feet as they slowly gained their footing. Midoriya's arm swayed, it's grayish purple hue being obstructed by the coating of ice surrounding it.

Midoriya threw another punch, throwing his entire body with him and nearly falling onto the ice covered ground. (Name) could see his mouth moving, opening wider than usual, as if he was yelling at the top of his lungs. The ice along Todoroki's side grew even faster as he clenched his fists, his face unreadable.

Midoriya sent another punch, and this time, Todoroki just sat up in a crouch, his face lowered to the ground. He muttered something under his breath as he fought to stand up, but was cut off by Midoriya's hysterical voice.

"It's YOURS. Your Quirk, not his!"

Deku's words echoed through the arena, and it was at this moment that (Name) realized she was holding her breath. It wasn't just her though: the whole arena stood in silence, looking down at the life-changing moment below them.

Todoroki stood very still, a look of uncharacteristic shock on his face. The frost along his right side stopped spreading, and then the arena was enveloped in flames.

The roar of the fire flooded (Name)'s ears, nearly drowning out the gasps of the crowd around her. Beautiful wisps of yellows and reds filled (Name)'s vision, simmering down until they covered only Todoroki's left side.

(Name) just sighed, getting up as Todoroki and Midoriya ran at each other, managing to break through five solid concrete walls that Cementoss put up to block them. She leaned down towards Iida, clutching the back of his chair as a huge gust of wind from the attack nearly knocked her off her feet.

"Imma go visit whoever ends up in the infirmary. Probably both of them."

Iida nodded, his eyes glued on the arena below him in shocked silence. (Name) took her leave, climbing down the stairs before she could be knocked over by the wind.

_

(Name) pressed her fingers against the door to the infirmary, her eyes tracing over the lilac sign above it. Her hand slid down to the handle, before pushing the door open.

"Deku?" (Name) called, feeling two pairs of eyes land on her.

"Sorry, but he's in no state for visitors." Recovery Girl said as (Name) eyed the blonde standing next to Midoriya. If she ignored his sunken face, scrawny figure and raggedy hair, the unknown could almost pass off for a ripoff All Might.

"(Name)?"

(Name)'s attention snapped back to Deku, and a sigh left her mouth. "Please be more careful next time. Breaking your bones shouldn't be an everyday thing, Deku."

Midoriya leaned his head back against the pillow, his eyes closing as he grimaced: probably from pain. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Well other than that, I've got to say that will probably be the most badass battle today! You sure were flashy!" (Name) grinned, flashing him a thumbs up. "But please don't ever do it again."

Midoriya let an unsteady smile across his face at her words. (Name) crossed her arms, done with lecturing Midoriya, and ready to take on the next mystery.

"So, who are you?" She looked at the man still next to Midoriya, who stiffened when she gazed at him. "You seem like an All Might fan."

(Name) watched as the man's mouth dropped open and Deku sat straight up, recoiling in pain from the sudden movement.

"Deku, be careful! You don't want to make your injury worse, do you?" (Name) chided, her eyes never leaving the blonde man.

'Boy, does he look nervous.'

"Alright, the boy needs some time to recuperate." Recovery Girl said, and (Name) held her hands in front of her in mock defense as she smiled sheepishly.

"So sorry. I'll take my leave." She said, turning around and opening the door. But not before she added something else.

"It was nice meeting you. I happen to be quite the All Might fan as well." (Name) smiled back at them, just managing to catch the man's expression of apprehension before she left.