29- War

'A bit too lucky... and from what I remember, All Might seemed to be interested in Midoriya since the beginning...'

Unknown to her, a familiar half-in-half a few feet away was having the same suspicions.

...

(Name) sat at her desk, her head leaning against the wood. She stared out the window, looking at the city beyond. There was a cloud of murmuring in the background, which (Name) desperately tried to ignore until a voice rose above the rest.

"What's going on?!"

(Name) turned her head to face at the entrance of the classroom, seeing a crowd of students from all classes blocking the way.

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I won't let you hold us hostage!" The tiny grape man said. (Name) squinted her eyes. 'What's his name again?'

"Their scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack. They wanna see us with their own eyes."

(Name) sat up, curious to see what would happen. Interesting things happened when Bakugou decided to get involved. Like fights.

"At least now you know what a future Pro looks like," Bakugou continued, stopping in front of the crowd and fixing his burning gaze on them. "Now move it, extras."

"You can't walk around calling people 'extras' just because you don't know who they are!" Iida yelled, his arms going up and down in scissor-like motions.

"So this is Class 1-A," A new voice arose, making (Name) even more curious. A guy weaved through the crowd, purple hair and eyebags on display. "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you?"

"Just Porcupine..." (Name) muttered as everyone else furiously shook their heads.

"How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs."

'Is that guy blind or what?'

Purple-Hair rubbed the back of his neck. "I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life. I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room. Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war."

(Name) stood up, her chair scraping across the floor as she walked up to the two males facing off at the doorway. She stood beside Bakugou, her (e/c) eyes meeting purple ones.

"Now as much as I love declarations of war, I've got to make two things clear. One, this asshole," (Name) started, hooking a thumb in Bakugou's direction, who growled back. "Happens to be one of a kind. Not everyone in 1-A is like that."

Breaths of relief could be heard from behind (Name) as she cleared out the misunderstanding, but she wasn't done.

"And two, your little 'war' might be in vain. I'm not sure about the rest of my class, but I'm not going down without a fight."

Purple-Hair opened his mouth, about to say something when he was interrupted.

"Hey, you!"

(Name), Bakugou and Purple-Hair turned to face the new voice as some dude with spiky silver hair started to yell.

"I'm from Class 1-B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains, and I came to see if that was true! But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us!"

'Dude, did you not hear what I just said?'

"Talk all ya want! It'll just be more embarrassing when you're KO'd!"

Bakugou gave him a bored glance, before walking away.

"Don't you ignore me!"

Kirishima walked up, an agitated look on his face. "Dude, where are you going? You gotta say something. It's your fault they're all hating on us!"

"These people don't matter. The only thing that's important is that I beat them."

And then he disappeared into the crowd.

(Name) let out a sigh. "What is he doing..."

She glanced at the wall mounted clock, her eyes widening when she saw the time.

"Crap! I'm going to be late for work! Sorry, but I can't stay!" She called out to her friends, before making her way through the crowd.

"Uh, good luck. You'll need it." (Name) said to Purple-Hair, who raised an eyebrow.

"I just threatened to take your place in your class. Why are you wishing me good luck." He deadpanned.

(Name) flashed him a thumbs up. "Because I'm an amazing person. And if you've gone this far to threaten us, then you've probably got a pretty good quirk."

Purple-Hair blinked, processing her words. He was about to say something back, but by the time he had opened his mouth, (Name) had already disappeared.