06- The Coffee Cup

Sunlight streamed in from the window, falling across a snoring (Name) sprawled across her bed. A paper and pencil was loosely held in her hand, and her (h/c) hair was sprawled all over her pillow. The curtains fluttered slightly, and even more light filtered inside, falling across (Name)'s eyelids.

The female clenched her eyes tighter, then turned over, yanking the blanket with her in an effort to get the light away from her.

Noticing how it was still bothering her, (Name) turned over once more, until the bed wasn't underneath her, and she fell to the unforgiving ground with a hard thump!

A groan could be heard, and (Name) stood up, the blanket covering her head. She flopped onto the bed once more, ready to just lay there for the rest of eternity, when she heard a knock at the door.

The girl stood up, glared at the door, and slowly made her way to it. Grasping the doorknob, she slowly turned it, and opened it to reveal a man that (Name) had never seen before.

"Hello, I'm here... to..." The man looked straight at (Name), his speech halting when he took in her messy form.

"And?" She said, completely ignoring the odd look she was getting from the man.

The male shook his head, as if to clear his head, then spoke once more. "I work in the lobby, and this letter in the mail was for you. I'm only hand delivering it because the police officer who handed it to me told me to."

The man looked at her in question, emphasizing the words 'police officer', as if prompting (Name) for an answer.

(Name), who didn't take the hint, just grabbed the letter, muttering a quite 'thank you', before promptly shutting the door in his face.

(Name) flopped onto her couch, looking at the official U.A. seal. Curious, she tore open the letter with her teeth, pulling out a two thin sheet of paper. Unfolding the first one, she read the script.

Dear (Name),

Thought you might find this useful!

Sincerely,

Principal Nezu

(Name) stared at the note for a second longer, before looking at the other one.

It seemed to be a list of sorts, a list of... possible job openings. Nothing too big, of course, but enough to keep the female fed and, well, alive.

(Name) grinned, jumping up and pulling on a coat. Hooking a cap onto her head to hide her messy hair, (Name) grabbed the rest of her money and her keycard, before exiting her new home.

_

A bell jingled as (Name) opened the door to the small coffee shop, the aroma of coffee beans and something sweet wafting to her immediately. The place was cozy and warm, and a couple sat at the end of the room on a table for two, chatting happily over two cups of steaming coffee. The wall to (Name)'s right was entirely window, showing the busy street, with a few tall tables and chairs pressed against it. To the left was a mint green and white counter, where a spread of sweets and delicacies stood, tempting buyers. A chalkboard was attached to the brick wall behind it, listed out the menu and costs in powdery chalk. Lights encased in glass orbs hung from the ceiling, spreading their cheery light. Behind the cashier stood a smiling woman, her long brown hair tied back in a messy bun.

Spotting me when she heard the bell ring, her smile widened even further, and she spoke. "Welcome to the Coffee Cup! What would you like?"

(Name) shook her head. "I'm actually here for the job opportunity?"

The barista nodded, her lips forming an 'o'. "Oh, of course,' Luckily, right at that moment, the couple had finished their coffee, leaving a tip and exiting the shop.

"Now, follow me. We'll start you interview."

_

"So, are you a hard worker?"

(Name) thought about the question, hard.

"Not really, but if it's something I enjoy, I definitely put in a full effort. And, I wouldn't be able to survive for even a second without a cup of coffee."

"What's your favorite type of coffee?"

'Oh, uuuh, their all pretty good, but I really like (favorite coffee)."

The barista wrote down something on her clipboard, her tongue sticking out. She looked back up and set the clipboard face down on the table. She stared (Name) seriously in the face, making the female sweat from nervousness. They sat like that for a second, the barista quiet while (Name) internally freaked out.

'You're... hired! Great job!" The barista broke out in a huge smile once more, and stuck her hand out. 'Now that we're going to be working alongside each other, let's get to know each other better! My name is Nakamura Akari!"

(Name) hesitantly stuck out her hand towards Akari, who grasped it immediately and shook up and down.

"I-I'm (N-Name)," The female managed to stutter out, her voice pitching from how hard her hand was shaking.

"Great! I'll see you on Friday. Don't forget!"