31- Start!

"Yup." (Name) answered, exiting the gym and entering the cold night. She took in a deep breath, feeling her muscles start to relax from the intense training session before. The pair walked down the silent street, breaking the quiet with jokes and laughter shared between them. The streetlights cast occasional spots of illumination on them, before fading out to black.

And before long, the two of them disappeared into the darkness.

...

(Name) sat in a foldable plastic chair, picking at her PE clothes. Next to her was Midoriya, who was trying his best not to freak out.

"Come on, Broccoli Boi. You'll be fine." (Name) reassured him, giving him a smile.

Midoriya turned to look at her, a small blush on his face. "A-ah, sorry about that-"

He was cut off as a familiar monotone voice spoke over him. "Midoriya,"

(Name) and Midoriya both turned towards Todoroki, watching as he stood in front of them with a cold look on his face.

"Todoroki... what is it?" Midoriya asked.

"Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you. More capable."

The corners of (Name)'s mouth stretched into a frown. "Did you come here to boast or...?"

Todoroki's mismatched eyes shifted to (Name), before continuing to speak to Midoriya. 'Or just ignore me, that's fine too.'

"All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he. I'm not going to pry into why that is, but..."

(Name) could feel Midoriya stiffen beside her at Todoroki's words. She was about to outright question him on his suspicious behavior whenever All Might was mentioned, but could feel Todoroki's icy stare on her, gauging her reaction. 'Maybe later.'

"I will beat you." Todoroki finished, his eyes leaving (Name) to once again stare at Midoriya.

Kirishima walked up to Todoroki, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hey man, why pick a fight now? We're about to go on..."

Todoroki shrugged his hand off, still staring at Midoriya. "I don't care. I'm not pretending to be anyone's friend here."

Midoriya looked down at his hands, his fists clenched. (Name) looked at him in slight worry. 'Todoroki. I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me you'll beat me... You're clearly stronger, and I can't measure up to most of the others here in skill..."

(Name) turned to him, having enough of his shit. "Comeon, Deku. That was a pretty bad lie there-"

"But!" Midoriya continued. "Everyone... even the kids from the other courses are aiming for the top. And I'm... I'm not going to fall behind,"

Midoriya looked up, staring Todoroki in the eye with a serious look on his face. "I'm going for it too, with everything I've got!"

(Name) grinned. 'This is going to be fun!'

_

(Name) stepped out of the tunnel, blinking against the bright light falling onto her eyes. A huge roar of cheering pounded against her as she took in the huge crowd surrounding the arena she was currently walking into. (Name) kept her head high, putting on a grin.

"It's U.A's Sports Festival! The one time every year when our fledgling heroes compete in a ruthless grand battle!"

At the commenters' words, the crowd yelled even louder. "First up... you know who I'm talkin' about! The miraculous rising stars who brushed off a villain attack with their steely willpower! The first-years of the hero course!!! IT'S CLASS A!"

"Whoaaa... What a crowd..." Midoriya stuttered.

"And we're expected to put on the best performance we can in front of so many spectators! I suppose this is merely one more necessary skill if we hope to become heroes." Iida stated.

"Don't worry too much, guys," (Name) said leisurely. "Panic too much and you'll lose because of your nerves."

"Following Class B, it's Class C, D, and E of general studies!!! And here come the support classes F, G, and H! And the business course..."

The crack of a whip echoed through the arena, turning everyone's attention towards a small stage at the front of the arena. A woman in... not-so kid friendly clothing stood on top, a flogger in her right hand.

"Time for the athlete's oath!" She announced.

'Is that... the R-rated hero, Midnight?'

"R-rated? Should she really be in a highschool?"

Midnight snapped her whip. "Quiet! Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugou from Class 1-A!"

'Shit.'

Everyone stared at Bakugou in shock as he calmly walked up to the stage, standing in front of the microphone in silence.

"I pledge," He started, his voice echoing through the arena. "That I'll be number one."

There was a moment of unadulterated silence, before an explosion of booing and yelling took over.

"Over confident jerk!"

"Don't get cocky, Class A!"

"I'll be the one to CRUSH HIM!"

(Name) dragged a hand down her face, pinching her fingers at the bridge of her nose. Bakugou turned around, drawing his thumb across his neck. "At least be a nice stepping stone for me to step on."

"Now! Let's get started right away," Midnight announced, breaking through the yelling. "The first game is what you'd call a qualifier! It's in this stage that so many are sent home crying every year! Now, here is the fateful first game!"

Midnight raised her right arm, a colorful screen appearing behind her. Colors flashed on the screen, various words passing by too fast to read.

"This year, it's..." The screen froze, stopping on two bright yellow words. 'Obstacle Race'. "This!"

Murmurs passed through the crowd, everyone curious at Midnight's choice of words.

"It's a race between every member of all 11 classes! The course is a four kilometer lap around the stadium itself! Our schools' selling point is freedom! As long as you stay on the course, it doesn't matter what you do! Now take your places everyone!"

(Name) jogged over to the big red gate at the side of the arena, staring down the tunnel as the three lights turned green. Glancing back at the crowd of students she was in, she noticed the ratio of students to space was way off.

'So this is the first challenge,' She thought, cracking her knuckles for the fight coming ahead.

One of the green lights blinked out, and then the second one a few moments later. (Name) grinned, pressing her feet against the ground.

The last light blinked out.

"START!"

A/N: WE. REACHED. 4K. VIEWS! THANK YOU!