28- Suspicious

Bakugou's smirk deepened. "One chance a year,"

"Three chances in a lifetime," (Name) grinned, her eyes hiding a deeper emotion.

"No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training."

"Yes sir!"

"Class is dismissed."

...

"This is gonna be nuts! Everyone's so excited." Midoriya said, looking around as everyone started talking excitedly among themselves.

"Well, yeah, of course we are! We enrolled at this school with the sole aim to become heroes!" Iida exclaimed. 'Well, most of us that is.' (Name) thought, looking to the side.

"-So naturally, we're all getting fired up!" (Name) looked back to see Iida standing, his arms scrunched to his sides as he swayed from side to side.

"Nice moves, Iida." (Name) commented, letting her signature smirk play across her lips.

"You have to be excited too, right, Midoriya, (Name)?"

(Name) shrugged. "Yeah I guess. But I'm more excited to beat someone's ass." She shot a look at Bakugou.

"Deku! Iida! (Name)!"

(Name) turned around when she heard her name, seeing a... not-so-Uraraka Uraraka. Her hair cast shade across her eyes, a menacing grin on her face.

"Let's do our best in the sports festival."

"What happened to your face?!"

"Seriously, what's up? You're normally, like, the most laid back girl ever."

Uraraka slid her foot back roughly, before thrusting her fist up in the air. "Everyone! I'm going to do my best!"

"Yeah!"

She turned around, facing four other people. "I said, I'm gonna do my best!"

"Got it..."

"Uh..."

"You okay?"

_

(Name) walked down the hallway, trailing after Deku and Iida as she chattered mindlessly with Uraraka.

"You know, we should hangout sometime. Like a girls day out? We can bring everyone else too and go to the mall or something!" Uraraka suggested, her normal cheery grin back on her face.

(Name) was quiet for a second, trying to go through her everyday schedule.

'Work, procrastination, sleep, eating, homework, training, some more eating, sleep...'

"Why not?" (Name) answered, giving her a small smile.

"Hey, Uraraka, (Name)?"

(Name)'s eyes lazily turned towards the new voice. "Yeah?"

"Why did you guys decide to come to U.A? What made you want to become a Pro Hero?"

(Name) stopped midstep. "My reason for becoming... a hero?"

'I can't just say I had no choice and that it was either become a hero or go to jail!'

"Well, uh," (Name) stuttered out, Deku, Iida and Uraraka listening intently. "If I had to start my story from one point in my life... I guess this started in maybe... middle school?"

(Name) gulped, thinking back in time to the painful memories. The reason why she had become a vigilante. "I had just moved in from some small city in the middle of the year, and the people in that school weren't... the nicest. It also didn't help that I had a super freaky quirk. And just when things couldn't get worse... I made a mistake. A big one. And so me and my dad moved to Japan, where we started a new life. That was.. A pretty dark time for me. And I know there are so many other people out there who have it much worse than me. Nobody deserves to go through something like that," (Name) set her jaw. "And that's why I became a... am going to become, a hero. I'll get my license and help the people who can't help themselves, whether it be to protect them from villains or their own monsters."

Iida's frantic clapping snapped (Name) out of her trance. "Bravo! What a meaningful reason, just as expected from one of the best in our class!"

(Name) let out a shaky chuckle, burying the memories and emotions deep down to deal with later. "A-ah, but what about you Uraraka?"

Uraraka stiffened, her worried look fading away in an instant. "Oh-uh..."

She started to speak, and (Name) tried her best to listen, but it was like her words were being filtered through a sheet of water. Her mind ran even faster and her mouth went dry.

'Not now...'

A deep laugh echoed through the now empty hallway, piercing through (Name)'s mind haze. 'Man, I'm really out of it...'

"Young Midoriya... IS HERE!" All Might stood in front of them, in all his dramatic muscly glory.

"Woah, All Might. What are you doing here?"

"Lunch!" All Might held up a small box covered in cloth. "Wanna eat with me?"

'Pfffft- he's like a schoolgirl-'

"Sure..." Deku said, waving bye to (Name), Iida, and Uraraka before following after All Might. The three of them made their way to the cafeteria, standing in line for lunch.

'How suspicious... Again.' (Name) thought, thinking back to when All Might called after Midoriya.

"Hey," (Name) started casually. "You guys have any idea what All Might wanted with Deku?"

"Maybe because of the time back at the USJ when Midoriya rushed in to help All Might when he was being attacked by villains. Perhaps that's what this is about." Iida reasoned.

"Oh yeah!"

"Also, remember what Asui said on the bus?"

"She said that his power was a lot like All Might's..." (Name) recalled.

"Since their Quirks are so similar to each other, it's possible that All Might's taken a liking to him. How lucky!"

'A bit too lucky... and from what I remember, All Might seemed to be interested in Midoriya since the beginning...'

Unknown to her, a familiar half-in-half a few feet away was having the same suspicions.