30- Training With Thomas

"Uh, good luck. You'll need it." (Name) said to Purple-Hair, who raised an eyebrow.

"I just threatened to take your place in your class. Why are you wishing me good luck." He deadpanned.

(Name) flashed him a thumbs up. "Because I'm an amazing person. And if you've gone this far to threaten us, then you've probably got a pretty good quirk."

Purple-Hair blinked, processing her words. He was about to say something back, but by the time he had opened his mouth, (Name) had already disappeared.

...

(Name) placed the pastries into a wax bag, folding the top and set it on the counter. "That'll be 250 yen."

The lady in front of (Name) reached into her handbag, pulling out the money and placing it on the counter before grabbing the wax bag. (Name) turned away to deal with the next customer as the bell jungled to signal the customers' leave.

Akari walked out from the back room, pushing the door closed with her hip, a new tray of fluffy muffins in her hands. "How are you doing with the work, (Name)?"

(Name) shrugged. "What about you, oh wise Baking Master?"

Akari let out a small laugh, setting down the tray on the side counter. "I'm not that great, you know."

(Name) scoffed, going over to the coffee machine and measuring out the coffee powder into the filter. "Suuuure. I've stuffed my face with enough of your pastries to know the truth."

Akari opened her mouth to answer, but was interrupted as her watch gave off a small beep.

She jumped, before racing back inside, muttering something about her 'pastries burning'.

(Name) shook her head, a small smile on her face as she grabbed the jug of hot water and carefully poured it over the filter. (Name)'s eyes darted over to the forgotten tray of muffins.

'Might as well get some practice in,' She thought, waving a hand in that direction. A few moments later, a black tentacle emerged from beneath the counter, reaching into the cabinets built into the counter. It emerged with a clear plastic glove covering the end, before picking up the metal tray of muffins and sliding it into one of the displays. It closed the clear hatch on the back of the display, before picking up a rag and a spray bottle from within the cabinets.

"Excuse me?"

(Name) jumped, before looking at the person before her.

"Oh, yes?" She said with a smile, keeping an eye on the tentacle that was now cleaning off the cabinets.

"I'd like to order, ummm..." The person said, eyes squinted as they looked at the chalkboard attached to the wall behind (Name). "Hmmm... oh, that looks good. But what about that..."

(Name)'s smile strained the muscles in her cheeks, but she didn't stop. Glancing at the tentacle that was still cleaning, she summoned another one, setting it to work on dusting the corners.

"Oh, I'd like the cappuccino."

"Ah, good choice! I'll get that for you right away-" (Name) started, ready to write down the order.

"Oh no, no. I'll get the caramel frappuccino."

(Name) clicked the back of her pen, an uncertain smile replacing her original one. "Sooo, you want the caramel frap?"

The customer let out a dramatic sigh. "Ah, there are so many good choices. Just give me another minute."

"...Okay, then." (Name) said through gritted teeth, her lips still pulled into a fake smile.

'This is going to be a long day.'

_

(Name) slammed the door closed behind her, dropping off the sandwiches she had gotten from the Coffee Cup and chucking her shoes off into some random corner of the room. The sounds of the TV could just be heard as she collapsed on the couch next to a blanket-wrapped Thomas.

"Heeeeeey, how was work?" He dragged out, red eyes fixated on the screen as he switched between the channels.

"Exhausting," (Name) muttered out as she yanked away his blanket and wrapped it around herself instead.

Thomas glared at her. "Rude," He muttered, before switching the TV off and standing up. "Come on, get up."

"Whyyyyy," (Name) whined as she gripped onto the blanket even tighter. Thomas gripped the fabric, before pulling it out of (Name)'s grip on one fell swoop. She froze as if struck, before going limp.

"You've got to do some training. The Sports Festival is coming up soon, and I'm only coming to watch if you beat all the other kids' asses." Thomas said, gripping onto (Name)'s arm and attempting to drag her off the couch.

(Name) stood up suddenly as she gasped in realization, causing Thomas to trip onto the floor.

"Of course! How could I forget!" She exclaimed, hitting her fist against the palm of her other hand. She grabbed onto Thomas' foot, pulling him behind her as she dragged him towards the door. "Come on Thomas, we have to train!"

Opening the door, (Name) grabbed her keycard and a bottle of water, letting Thomas get up before bolting down the stairs and outside.

Stopping to stand on the neatly trimmed grass behind the apartments, (Name) breathed in the crisp air. She whirled around quickly, bouncing on the balls of her feet.
"Come on! There's a 24-hour quirk gym not too far from here. Let's go!" She exclaimed, before grabbing onto Thomas's arm and running down the sidewalk.

"Woah, woah, slow down." Thomas muttered, nearly tripping over his feet.

It wasn't long before the two of them reached the gym, walking inside and renting a room.

"Let's do this!" (Name) pumped a fist in the air as she walked into the room, getting into a fighting stance.

_

(Name) thrust her right hand forward, sending a tentacle swirling towards Thomas. He dodged to the left, grabbing onto the end of the appendage and using it to push himself towards (Name). (Name) flicked her wrist, causing the tentacle to twist in midair and grab Thomas by the neck of his shirt. She pressed her weight onto her left foot, before sending a roundhouse kick to his side. But before her foot could connect with his body, Thomas brought his arms up to block it, grunting under the impact. (Name) shifted forward, gathering her balance before kicking Thomas in the chest.

With a thump, he collapsed on the floor, not even bothering to get up. (Name) slowly walked up to his collapsed form, before pressing her foot against his chest.

"I win."

Thomas rolled his eyes. "Get your nasty foot off me."

His hand shot out, grabbing onto her ankle and pulling on it. Letting out a yelp, (Name) fell onto the floor, nearly smashing her nose against the cold ground.

"What the hell, man!" She exclaimed, sitting up and rubbing her side. (Name) pulled out her foot from Thomas' grip, ignoring his shit-eating grin and getting up. She sent a glare in his direction.

"Is that any way to treat the person who gives you food?" (Name) said with a sigh, grabbing her water bottle and key card and heading outside. Thomas leaped up, jogging over to (Name)'s side.

"Yes, food! You brought sandwiches back, right?" He grinned, urging (Name) to walk faster.

"Yup." (Name) answered, exiting the gym and entering the cold night. She took in a deep breath, feeling her muscles start to relax from the intense training session before. The pair walked down the silent street, breaking the quiet with jokes and laughter shared between them. The streetlights cast occasional spots of illumination on them, before fading out to black.

And before long, the two of them disappeared into the darkness.